PDA

View Full Version : Engine out...

Tiff_T5
Monday 5th December 2005, 00:09
Right.after a bad week I've had enough of all of this messing around and trying to reach inaccessible stuff,I've decided to take the engine out and do everything at once.What I need to know is,can I drop the lot out on the subframe?

I need to change the gearbox (3rd gear syncro gone),timing belt kit,exhaust manifold,vac hoses and some oil seals..The engine itself seems 100% so I'll leave that alone for now,reading Haynes,it seems you pretty much have to drop the entire frame anyway,to get the 'box out,so it can't be THAT much more work?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 00:35
Yes you can (we just did it on my ex-C70 this weekend)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 00:42
BTW if you need any bits e.g. gearbox etc - Just give us a nudge - I have an 850 manifold going spare too

Tiff_T5
Monday 5th December 2005, 00:46
I definitely need a box,manifold ,not too sure yet,can't see much of it for now, I think there is a snapped stud in the head...could you mail me with details??
tiffx19@btinternet.com

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 00:50
Basically I was in an accident 10 days ago and barrel rolled my T5 into a field...

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5941

Engine and gearbox are fine and a few members (details will be shared soon) help to break her apart. Chassis is twisted but other than that everything under the bonnet was fine.

Will be in touch very soon.

Tiff_T5
Monday 5th December 2005, 01:22
Cheers Dave,no great rush..kids..christmas etc etc,but at least I can gather all the parts together first!