PDA

View Full Version : Volvo digital jukebox

Ettienne
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 16:22
Has anyone had one of these? as I don't much about them

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 16:42
I've got a whole kit in my garage, was gonna put it in my S60 but never got round to it.

It came out of John's car.

Yosser
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 17:36
I've got one in the S60R, what do you need to know?

It's essentially a Phatbox, they're now defunct.

Ettienne
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 18:04
Cool yosser Are they still possible to use? And how do they work?

Yosser
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 18:16
The crucial thing that was missing when I got the car was the desktop cradle which is used to connect to your pc in order to load tracks onto the cartridge. Fortunately the previous owner sent it on to me so it's all working now.

The software is a bit old hat but it works. You just transfer mp3 files to the cartridge and then put it in the car. The cartridge is literally a disc drive. The unit emulates a CD changer and can be controlled via the head unit.

I have software here, a spare cartridge and a spare dock as well as the original instructions. The spares I have were bought from eBay USA and came from a dodge, or something like that. The same phatbox system was used in different manufacturers but the cradle and disc are the same.

http://phatnoise.us/PhatNoise/page.php?2

Ettienne
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 19:20
Ironically I think I saw the "same as other manufacturers system" when k was looking for info, I may just Put it in the R for authenticity, just fitted the subwoofer in the boot so may as well.

Ettienne
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 20:12
These are the parts I have yosser, sounds like it's the full kit?

Yosser
Tuesday 3rd May 2016, 21:51
Looks like you're good to go.

I'm sure there are lots of clever ipod integration things that are far superior and take up less space, but this system works well in my opinion - and it's a proper option on the car, so that's a nice thing for sad volvo people like me.