PDA

View Full Version : new seats

CAMO
Sunday 13th February 2005, 12:36
has anyone attempted, or swapped the front seats on our vehicles, with sips system installed?
i'm looking for aliitle advice on the precautions of the sips going off accidentally when removing the seats?

Goof
Sunday 13th February 2005, 12:48
I thought SIPS was just re-inforcement in the doors? - I'm probably wrong, but it's worth checking exactly what SIPS is!
(Bit of a pointless reply really!?)

Pedro Fandango
Sunday 13th February 2005, 20:27
yeh SIPS is extra reinforcement in the shell not bags in the seats

CAMO
Sunday 13th February 2005, 20:44
The Haynes Manual States To Take Care When Removing Seats, As The Sips Can Go Off In Your Face Accidentally. They State To Fit A Safety Device When Messing With The Seats.
I Wonder If Anyone Has Any Experience In Doing So?

Kent Canary
Sunday 13th February 2005, 21:42
Do an internet search on Volvo SIPS there are a few articles out there which may assist. I think as with anything like this caution should be exercised and advice sought prior to removal.

Bracer
Monday 14th February 2005, 10:19
I cant see why it cant be done with new mounting rails, watch this space :eek:

Pedro Fandango
Monday 14th February 2005, 16:30
The Haynes Manual States To Take Care When Removing Seats, As The Sips Can Go Off In Your Face Accidentally. They State To Fit A Safety Device When Messing With The Seats.
I Wonder If Anyone Has Any Experience In Doing So?
i've only got a drivers airbag & still got SIPS written on the metal plate in the door frame

CAMO
Friday 18th February 2005, 20:08
Seats Now Changed. 4 Bolts Holding The Seat Down, Un-plug The Heater Wires Underneath The Seats, Taking Care Not To Bang The Side Of The Seat When Removing Old/ Installing New Front Seats. Bobs Your Uncle & Fanny's Your Antie.
However The Rear Seats Are Bleeding Ba****rds To Change With Chunks Of Flesh Missing Off My Hands To Proove, Plus They Are Very Heavy (rear Seat Backs). New Half Leather Seats Fitted And Looks Grand!