PDA

View Full Version : VOLVOMAX bruntingthorpe topspeed 1/4s 1/2s etc

Ettienne
Friday 8th April 2016, 10:53
I'm in the process of organising a Volvo max speed event at bruntingthorpe, via my Facebook page VolvosportUK, this will be going ahead later in the year early next year.

It's takes a lot of organising and I've been inundated with applications having had to double the orignal number and still have people wanting to go from the page alone.

However I may make this into a very big yearly event if the interest is there or run two days.

Costs are not terrible either.

Thanks to those who are helping Chris s70, Stevet5 and Stephen B, between us we should have everything sorted.

p fandango
Friday 8th April 2016, 12:51
i'd be interested in joining if you'll let the Messerschmitt run, also more than happy to take the drone for filming if they allow

Ettienne
Friday 8th April 2016, 13:24
It's full currently, but looks like we have more than enough for a second day, I'll update as and when but a lot is going on behind the scenes with planning

craig1992
Friday 8th April 2016, 13:25
This is something I'd be interested in doing :)

p fandango
Friday 8th April 2016, 14:04
It's full currently
what was the point in posting about it then?

smithy
Friday 8th April 2016, 14:07
I will be interested in this too

Ettienne
Friday 8th April 2016, 16:02
what was the point in posting about it then?

Read the post I may / will be running a second day! Gauging interest as they are a pita to plan and organise.

I can extend the original day also but it means I have to stand outside for 9hrs as a marshal plus would need other volunteers to do the same hence I'm only taking 20 cars this time.

claymore
Friday 8th April 2016, 19:02
I would have been up for this.

Ettienne
Friday 8th April 2016, 20:17
Possibly sorted the public liability insurance today (biggest pita) rest is just stuff to organise.

Once the first one is out of the way it's easier next time

Tim Williams
Friday 8th April 2016, 21:36
I've used Bruntingthorpe a lot for high speed runs, it's very good but make sure you leave enough space to slowdown as the entrance to the forest is very steep:B_steerin

Ettienne
Friday 8th April 2016, 21:43
Got to plan the day first but all info is welcome, I've sorted insurance possibly now Tim, but what did you do? Were you on your own or as part of a group.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 9th April 2016, 00:08
Assuming the SSB is up and running then I would be interested in Brunters.

Blackdog
Saturday 9th April 2016, 08:32
I'd be up for giving the Derv a good thrashing.

Nealevo
Saturday 9th April 2016, 14:16
I know the forest all too well, been in there twice :)

Tim Williams
Saturday 9th April 2016, 16:43
Got to plan the day first but all info is welcome, I've sorted insurance possibly now Tim, but what did you do? Were you on your own or as part of a group.

I've ran with and without Public Liability Insurance depending if others are going to be driving.

Ettienne
Saturday 9th April 2016, 18:55
There's a couple of different options, one is to insure the car against collision (sort of traditional track day insurance) the other type is for more the traditional public not in vehicles like event insurance.

I've managed to find both types and it all depends on which type they want will effect the total cost.

Ettienne
Tuesday 12th April 2016, 07:33
After a long chat with brunters this roughly how it works out

98bd noise limit stationary.

No damaged tyres, belts about to fall off or oil / coolant leaks.

1/3 of fuel is recommended.

Track day collision insurance is needed and cover to 5 million, I have arranged a discount to get the price to £55 and that's on 10 or more cars or you can arrange your own.

All the above will be checked prior to going on the track it is your job to make sure your car is ok, otherwise you will not be allowed to speed test and you will loose your payment as its paid in advance.

20 cars maximum £75 for 1 hours running the full circuit, you can decide how you use this i.e 20 mins sessions to allow your car to cool down in between as its hard on cars.

No timing gear is allowed and 1/4s can't take place, but if you want to do a standing start once or twice and then I think it will be fine as long as it's safe.

But you can hit the straight at speed and explore your cars potential like no other circuit in relative safety.

£130 total cost

Dates can only be booked one month in advance and I'm moving towards planning a date, remember it will be a week day with one months notice.

I'm thinking September / October, if it's raining then the day can be postponed and moved as long as it's not the day before,3 days notice-ish, I can't do anything about rain.

We can have an area for BBQ and tent not on the track and an area on track to park the 20 cars max

craig1992
Tuesday 12th April 2016, 08:05
I'm definitely up for that!!

Ettienne
Tuesday 12th April 2016, 08:49
I'll keep thread updated but the difficulty is the short notice for people

craig1992
Tuesday 12th April 2016, 09:24
If I have a months notice I'm fine

Tim Williams
Tuesday 12th April 2016, 12:51
The designated parking area does easily hold 20 cars but it's very open being an airfield so anything and everything can blow away.

Ettienne
Tuesday 12th April 2016, 14:10
The designated parking area does easily hold 20 cars but it's very open being an airfield so anything and everything can blow away.

We've got a separate area for those that want BBQ, but may be easier to eat in the cars stationary also dependant on the weather.

Play it by ear I guess abit

Ettienne
Sunday 17th April 2016, 13:47
This will be full this time around

deathrider311271
Sunday 29th May 2016, 19:55
Any more news on this one as i wouldnt mind coming down and watching if we cant take part