PDA

View Full Version : No Cruise and any local code reading people?

Baj
Tuesday 5th April 2016, 11:23
For a few years I have had no cruise control. The 'Cruise' message appears on the dash but it wont set or hold any speeds.
The only error I have had on the dash has been Alarm service which I can see effecting it (the rechargable battery in the alarm is dying)

Unrelated, I have an antiskid error just start showing too. I am guessing it is just a wheel sensor but if there is anyone fairly close by that has the ability to properly read codes so I can know which one is wonky, that would be awesome. Let me know your preferred beer.
My OBD reader tells me nothing of interest.

I am fixing up all the little issues that have built up over the years :D

Orca2
Tuesday 5th April 2016, 11:30
Check your front abs rings for cracks or missing teeth or mud/rust. They are a very common cause of cruise not working.

Baj
Tuesday 5th April 2016, 12:03
Will do, ta

ExternalError
Tuesday 5th April 2016, 12:27
also get the codes read as the clutch position sensor on the pedal is a common point of failure for cruise control it wont show as an error on the dash but will show as a clutch position sensor high reading when you read the codes

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th April 2016, 13:08
Usually, you can clear the clutch position sensor code and it'll behave (mine got cleared 3 years ago and still working) but it's often better to replace it. Not expensive and a simple swap.