PDA

View Full Version : annoying "BRAKE ASSIST service due" advisory

Tee5alive
Friday 1st April 2016, 19:35
I am getting the most annoying

ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE DUE
BRAKE ASSIST SERVICE DUE

Indications coming and going. The worst is the BRAKE one as it knocks out the cruise control and as my life is spent on a motorway I get a cramped leg! My local garage, that has done some work on my other car when I have been baffled - have 'had a look' and said the brake system is all OK but they cant reset the advisory??

So is there a magic combination of - press this for 1 sec, stand on one leg, press that, turn round 3 times....... etc to clear this thing its driving me nuts. I checked the reluctor rings myself as a member told me they can crack and this light comes on now and then when I go over a pot hole or bump!

Ive tried a combo of the usual reset tricks but none work.

The engine one is no worry as its an old engine and frankly if this keeps up I will be getting a newer car!!

any clues please?

Harvey
Friday 1st April 2016, 20:10
give me a shout when down south , then i can put my code reader on it to see whats up :frown:

Tee5alive
Friday 1st April 2016, 22:37
thanks again Harvey!

Tee5alive
Saturday 9th July 2016, 20:01
give me a shout when down south , then i can put my code reader on it to see whats up :frown:
Hi Harvey

Just got the V70!back on the road and i thought a spell with a flat battery would have stopped this illusive alert on the DIM, but no.

You read the codes and found nothing and i have checked the inductor rings and all appear ok?

The trouble is this error hold the cruise control off which is not good up and down to Devon on long trips with a cramped right leg!

Any more ideas what to look for please. Strangely this fault has only cropped up since i rebuilt the turbo so im wondering vacuum/air leak somewhere and is there a way to find that?

Cheers

LeeT5
Sunday 10th July 2016, 04:36
Did you say Harvey code read with Vida and no dtc's? ......that surprises me!

A smoke leak test is the quickest and simplest way to expose any vac/air leaks, otherwise it's a painfully slow process checking all hoses and clamps that cannot be checked properly without a smoke leak test or a Mityvac.

Otherwise, I would check you've not damaged/ dislodged the brake servo hose when you were doing the turbo.
Also check the brake switch and clutch pedal switch function as these too affect the cruise control and gives you warning messages.

stribo
Sunday 10th July 2016, 09:43
I've got VIDA now mate if you fancy a trip over to Reading.

Tee5alive
Thursday 14th July 2016, 22:23
I've got VIDA now mate if you fancy a trip over to Reading.

thanks mate when im up here we will have to arrange something!