PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Boost Adjuster

Crazy Eddie
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 20:58
Hi guys,
Anyone know what turbo boost I could run on my T5 (RICA chipped to 310)?
Also what are the best adjusters to go for and can u get any that fit in the dash?
Is it damaging to the engine as the last thing I want to do is blow it up?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Al115
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 21:12
AAAAAAAAGH if the ECU has been tuned DO NOT change the boost setting manually!!!! Do one or the other!

Crazy Eddie
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 22:51
Really? Is it really bad for engine then?
What other options for getting a bit more from her then please?

BlackBeast
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 23:11
As well as sorting your fuelling/ignition out via an ECU, the other main options are a larger turbo, 3" exhaust from turbo back and an intercooler, then remap the ecu specifically for the modifications.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 4th December 2005, 11:54
What other options for getting a bit more from her then please?

Now your talking about a whole different route of tuning and a big wad of cash to match!

x

aeroresh
Sunday 4th December 2005, 17:19
Boost controllers are a no-no on a remapped car as its basically running at max safe boost already. If its not aggressive enough for you there may be some scope for a bit of custom mapping to make the boost curve a bit steeper (ie more boost sooner and lower down the rev range) but peak power wont alter....Speak to Adam or Hamish at VT to see what they can do.

Id say sort your brakes and suspension out first. At least that way you'll be able to stop and go round corners better.

Since you've already done the biggest bang for buck mod with the RICA 310 there arent much more noticable gains to be had unless you go down my route and start thinking about turbo swaps which can start getting expensive...but worth it :B_steerin

Al115
Sunday 4th December 2005, 17:28
Since you've already done the biggest bang for buck mod with the RICA 310 there arent much more noticable gains to be had unless you go down my route and start thinking about turbo swaps which can start getting expensive...but worth it :B_steerin

Well, there are ways of getting much more power, but then you're talking about some fairly serious engine work and the accompanying expense. Aeroresh is right, most "normal" people would stop at the ECU + turbo upgrade + exhaust + filter stage I think! ;)

siamblue
Sunday 4th December 2005, 19:31
most "normal" people would stop at the ECU + turbo upgrade + exhaust + filter stage I think! ;)

Does that include you sir as well :hail: ;)

Al115
Sunday 4th December 2005, 20:00
Does that include you sir as well :hail: ;)

Nope - but you'll have to wait until January for details!!! :riceboy:

Crazy Eddie
Sunday 4th December 2005, 22:20
Ok cheers guys will start saving for 19T then !
1 quick other thing though what size alloys can I go for with no changes to rolling radius and bodywork?