PDA

View Full Version : OK...new exhaust (TME) with optional ear defenders comes Wednesday What do I need?

bonnietiler
Sunday 28th February 2016, 12:08
I'm doing this myself so what do I need that I wont have in order to complete the switch apart from a sense of humour and some Elastoplast for the knuckles?
Bonnietiler

Wobbly Dave
Monday 29th February 2016, 16:42
plenty of lube penetration!

craigoodwood
Monday 29th February 2016, 21:08
basic mechanics its not a bad job, an 850 catback is bacically 1 piece with the exception of the tailpipe being about 250mm. if your doin it on your drive on your back id use the middle jacking point drivers side and get it up as high as you can as this will give you room to access all points, there is a plate covering the exhaust clamp with 4x 14mm bolts remove 3 and slack 1 an spin the plate out of the way, then two 13mm bolts on the clamp slack 1 halfway and remove the other an give it a tap, move to the back an remove the tailpipe with a grinder/knuckle etc, move to middle box and apply liberal amounts of wd40 to the 2 rubber mounts (other penetrants are available but they aint the same smell) pull off the closest to middle first and itll drop on its side and a pull will free it, then just coax it over the rear axle by sliding it forward....
i dont know what a tme looks like really but google images shows 2 silencers, id start a new exhaust from the back with backbox on first then put the middle box on that way youll see where the tailpipe sits and how every other pipe goes to it. people say you shouldnt need firegum for a stainless system but it aint gonna hurt :B_thumb:

bonnietiler
Friday 4th March 2016, 00:28
Fitted the TME today..in the rain...took about 3 hours in all...very quiet though isn't it, they say barely 1 decibel louder and that does seem to be the case..the turbo whistle is oddly louder though?
It does look good, you could suck a pigeon up through that tail-pipe now!

Doingitsideways
Friday 4th March 2016, 09:44
Yeah, at idle there's just a very subtle burble.
Open the taps properly though and it makes a lovely noise :)