PDA

View Full Version : ebay S60R with cracked liner

Tim Williams
Friday 26th February 2016, 19:36
I would like to bring to members attention an S60R http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S60-R-/262307290898?hash=item3d12bb9f12:g:qIgAAOSwe7BWz18 a that is for sale with a split liner. The seller hasn't correctly described the car, I removed the cylinder head for a previous owner on the 8th Jan and informed him that it had a split liner. I replaced the head gasket to temporarily cure the over pressurising. The owner sold the car on 20th Feb for £2500 declaring the cracked liner. I understand the purchaser then sold it on to the Trader that is selling it on ebay.

Doing a search on the mobile number in the adver I notice he is no stranger to VPCUK. The seller posts the ebay adverts and tries to get interested parties to ring up to avoid ebay fees. I went to view an S60R he had for sale before and that is what happened.

I'll forward a picture of the crack to a member to post up if required.

Harvey
Friday 26th February 2016, 20:07
If it was me i would have just left it with you to do a proper job , as it was in bits .

stephenevans99
Friday 26th February 2016, 20:42
Our good 'ol friend Dana :shifty:

LiamT4
Friday 26th February 2016, 21:30
"Very minor wear and tear"

Some people are just *******.

don kalmar union
Friday 26th February 2016, 21:55
Sent the seller on ebay a message asking him to confirm that the car had recently had a cracked block diagnosed.

Here is his answer:

"Thanks for the email.

I have no idea. It's my eBay account but the car is my father's. Give him a call on the number in the advert.

Apologies for late reply

Best regards

"

Don.

Harvey
Friday 26th February 2016, 21:58
Looks like the seller might get upset .

JUDGENINJA
Friday 26th February 2016, 22:07
Thanks for the warning. not that I'm looking for a car at the moment...

don kalmar union
Friday 26th February 2016, 22:27
Just got an unsolicited follow up message......

"Okay a few people have queried this issue all via email and around the same time which is coincidental.

I will in good faith assume your query is genuine.

I asked my father and he just gave me a call and told me to say.

The engine is fine. His had it checked over. Your more than welcome to come and inspect the car. Do your due diligence.

He said the people on those volvo forums have issues with him but nevertheless his got a client list of previous buyers of volvo motor cars who would be happy to endorse my father's vehicles.

Hope this helps."

Ettienne
Friday 26th February 2016, 22:46
I questioned this the other day as, alarms rang when he sold the immaculate sonic blue S60r as he couldn't drive it and preferred his t5r, why buy another I asked and he said it was cheap at £4500 and he could advance it.

Tim Williams
Friday 26th February 2016, 22:47
Just got an unsolicited follow up message......

"Okay a few people have queried this issue all via email and around the same time which is coincidental.

I will in good faith assume your query is genuine.

I asked my father and he just gave me a call and told me to say.

The engine is fine. His had it checked over. Your more than welcome to come and inspect the car. Do your due diligence.

He said the people on those volvo forums have issues with him but nevertheless his got a client list of previous buyers of volvo motor cars who would be happy to endorse my father's vehicles.

Hope this helps."

After previously speaking to the seller he told me he isn't a mechanic and I can well believe him, I am a qualified mechanic and have assessed the engine as not being fine based on the crack that is clearly visible in the liner. I have no reason to suspect that the car won't currently run "fine" but I'm sure it won't stay that way.

I sent James a picture of the crack if anybody needs to see another...

Ettienne
Friday 26th February 2016, 22:50
Here's the first part from yesterday

Ettienne
Friday 26th February 2016, 22:51
It would be good if there is a pic of the car with the head off, with visible number plate

LiamT4
Friday 26th February 2016, 22:54
Maybe if he didn't try and rip people off by selling them dodgy cars us morons wouldn't have it "in" for him.

jamesy12345
Friday 26th February 2016, 23:04
Here's the first part from yesterday

ask him what is the 'crack' with the La Familia avatar...reference to organised crime?? :lol:

AcidicDavey
Friday 26th February 2016, 23:05
I wouldn't worry folks if he did really pay £4500 for it he has already been royally ripped off.

He's ended up with a lemon and now he knows it, just a shame that if it sells on eBay (which very few cars seem to of his, always getting relisted) that some poor unsuspecting eBayer is going to be left in a cloud of steam :(

If he keeps doing this ££££ how on the earth does he seem to get away with it?!

Ettienne
Friday 26th February 2016, 23:13
He seems to be back peddling

Tim Williams
Friday 26th February 2016, 23:13
It would be good if there is a pic of the car with the head off, with visible number plate

The crack cannot be seen if you take a pic that also shows the number plate, a statement from myself who removed the cylinder head and took the photo of the crack should be enough for any sane person. Those still unsure might want conformation from the then owner of the car. The then owner did post up about it at the time on T5D5.

The reason it was sold for only £2500 was because of the crack which I understand was fully disclosed. If Dana then bought the car from a person that only owned it for less than a week and didn't check that the name on the V5C matched the ID of the seller he has been very naive.

PS; sorry if I broke forum rules earlier by posting a phone number and reg that are on the ebay advert.

Jamest5r
Friday 26th February 2016, 23:18
Said picture from Tim

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/Screenshot_2016-02-26-23-16-11_zps9lrtokqf.png (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/jamesclancy/media/Screenshot_2016-02-26-23-16-11_zps9lrtokqf.png.html)

AcidicDavey
Friday 26th February 2016, 23:19
ask him what is the 'crack' with the La Familia avatar...reference to organised crime?? :lol:

I think Jamesy is onto something, especially considering the eBay user name 'mobcity' !

ExternalError
Saturday 27th February 2016, 01:32
Hmm this guy's from the Midlands I might give him a ring and waste some of his time

Santa
Saturday 27th February 2016, 08:23
To be fair, he can see this thread and from the looks of Steve's post already as soooooooo you pre warned him[emoji14]

Ettienne
Saturday 27th February 2016, 15:34
Hmm this guy's from the Midlands I might give him a ring and waste some of his time

He'll be too busy being a professional driver, I wonder if it's like how Frankie is a professional driver or how Neal is?

yorkshire R
Thursday 3rd March 2016, 20:52
somebody got a right bargain at £5064!!!!