PDA

View Full Version : help please

alan
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 19:02
just got a new radio today and am having real problems as my car has an amp and due to this fact i have no sound coming out. i think i need to lacate the amp but i cant. i am guessin i will have to do away with the amp an just wire the speakers into the no radio (which packed up this morn despite my best efforts to revive it) i got the goodmans cd player out of halfords that the ipod connects to, it seems to be a good system but cant hear it!!!!
please help as i dont wont rewire the speakers just to get them to work

alan

fraz13
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 20:01
Hope this helps mate

The amp is under the drivers seat

When you remove the original headunit follow the power plug and there will be 2 plugs further back

Unclip these, 1 end of each will go to the amp which in my case was under the drivers seat (or right hand seat if your car is LHD)

The other side goes to power supply, speakers, e/aerial.......

Use this side, theres a big plug and a wee plug

A wrote colours down but used abreviations so cant remember if B was Black or Brown but this will help

Small plug first...

Front Left Door Speaker = Green/White is positive + Green/B is negative -

Front Right Door Speaker = Red/B + Red/White -

Rear Left Door and Shelf Speakers together = Brown/Black + B/White -

Rear Right Door and Shelf Speakers together = Pink/White + Pink/B -

Big Plug...

Left Dash Speaker = Red/White + Yellow/White -

Right Dash Speaker = Yellow/Grey + Grey -

Black is obviously Earth

From memory theres a thick Green wit tracer and a thick Yellow or Purple with tracer and these are power, ignition and battery but cant remember what is what

Blue is electric aerial

alan
Sunday 4th December 2005, 03:56
have power already going to head unit and aerial, thanks for help will get a look at it soon

alan

alan
Sunday 4th December 2005, 13:25
just had a quick look under drivers seat and cant find amp. as its a sunday didnt look to hard. will trace back from head unit and see what i find. all i need is the speaker wires because everything else is working.

alan

fraz13
Sunday 4th December 2005, 14:18
A never saw mine at first but it was deffo there, its only a small black box with fins on it and all wires are there

Although if you read my previous post with the wire colours you DONT need to find the amp, just splice into the correct wires and away you go

When you remove the original headunit follow the power plug and there will be 2 plugs further back

Unclip these, 1 end of each will go to the amp which in my case was under the drivers seat (or right hand seat if your car is LHD)

The other side goes to power supply, speakers, e/aerial.......

alan
Sunday 4th December 2005, 15:34
good man, will prob be wednesday before i get a chance

alan

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 01:37
Have amp available with relevant loom if you want it.
It is located in the C70 in the boot.

alan
Monday 5th December 2005, 11:27
Have amp available with relevant loom if you want it.
It is located in the C70 in the boot.

no thanks dave, need to do away with the amp, any idea about the other parts i asked about, still keen, hope things are going better for you mate

Alan

Wobbly Dave
Monday 5th December 2005, 12:22
Well the good news is that the entire suspension survived the impact intact - as most was born by the wings and roof and the soft mud.

Need a few more days to finalise prices and see what is what - will be in touch soon.

alan
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 19:51
got it to work today the amp was in the boot as dave said, only problem was that there was no conector from the back of the head unit untill you were at the amp, so had to wire from boot to head unit to get it to work, fun!

it is a good job though and ipod connection is great

regards
alan

alan
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 23:12
have another problem now though, the interior lights are not working and when i lock the car the indicators dont flash but hey do when i open it, i guess i have blown a fuse, where abouts are they located, sorry for being a pain in the ass

alan

fraz13
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 23:49
Fuses are under the bonnet drivers side nxt to the bonnet hinge

Make sur doors boot and bonnet are all closed proper to as the alarm wont set if any are slightly open

Does sound like a fuse tho if the inerior lights dont work at all