PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Help

Simh
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 18:48
The wife has a V40 t4 she has been bending my ear for a while now telling me the lights are not very good. I just thought she should clean them!!! But hey have had to use it the last few days and YOU know what she’s right !!!

Anyway to get to the point. When the lights are on the outer bulbs are on. However when I flip the main beam on the inner bulbs come on and the outer’s go off is that right?????

I have fitted 80w bulbs and that has helped but they are still very poor.

S60D5
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 18:50
Anyway to get to the point. When the lights are on the outer bulbs are on. However when I flip the main beam on the inner bulbs come on and the outer’s go off is that right?????

Yep. I think!

Simh
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 19:01
Hi Darren
Thanks for that.

Rufe
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 20:44
You will have 3 bulbs in each headlamp. 2 x H7 55w, and 1 x 5w sidelight. When your driving normally with just headlights on (or switched off with daylight runners on), then only one H7 will be on in each lamp. When you flash, or switch the main beams on, both the H7's in each lamp will be on. The sidelights will only be on when sidelight position is selected on the switch.

S60D5
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 20:48
Looks like I was wrong then! Oops!

Simh
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 21:35
Right Thanks do you have any idea why they would be working like they are??? Is there a relay that may have gone?