PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing Season Opener 2/3rd April 2016

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 10:07
Time has come folks for the Annual build up to Shakey's Opening RWYB Race weekend which as above is the weekend of 2-3rd of April, so who's up for this one. I would imagine most folks would just be doing the Sunday, as despite the warmer winter, I'm not sure the being of April will be warm enough to make a weekend of it camping overnight, but you never know it could happen. Right let's see some names and get the banter flowing on who's going to run what etc.

1. Mole T-5r

p fandango
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 10:13
not sure i'll be camping

1. Mole T-5R
2. P Fandango (in the Messerschmitt)

Nealevo
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 12:04
Sorry i will be in Montenegro working for 10 weeks...... please dont hate me too much, enjoy the rain !!

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 13:08
1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith

stribo
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 13:28
1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith
4. Relfski S60R
5. Stribo C70 T5 GT

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 14:03
Sorry i will be in Montenegro working for 10 weeks...... please dont hate me too much, enjoy the rain !!

who says it ain't going to be pissing down in Montenegro and just may be the jet stream will move to a more favourable position and we could have some nice weather for the racing, currently the hills outside the window are turn very white....:)

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 14:05
Glad to see Martin on the list, I am intrigued to see what his oil burner can do on the quarter...

claymore
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 14:56
1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith
4. Relfski S60R
5. Stribo C70 T5 GT
6, Claymore T-5R

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 15:02
1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith
4. Relfski S60R
5. Stribo C70 T5 GT
6, Claymore T-5R

14.5 ??? target time Colin ??

claymore
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 15:25
14.5 ??? target time Colin ??

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 15:44

I thought you'd already got into the 14.6's

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 18:15
Glad to see Martin on the list, I am intrigued to see what his oil burner can do on the quarter...

About 1min 30 lol

Santa
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 18:53
1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith
4. Relfski S60R
5. Stribo C70 T5 GT
6, Claymore T-5R
7. Santa (Well hopefully I can make it :) )

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 20:08
1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith
4. Relfski S60R
5. Stribo C70 T5 GT
6, Claymore T-5R
7. Santa (Well hopefully I can make it )
8. The Flying Moose (I'll camp sod it!)

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 21:07
I'll camp too if you're up for it mate

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 21:20
1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith
4. Relfski S60R
5. Stribo C70 T5 GT
6, Claymore T-5R
9. Doingitsideways, not sure what I'll run. The 460 Turbo if I've done the gearbox, S70 if not.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 21:24
I'll be there :) but won't be running unfortunately

claymore
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 21:46
Why not?

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 23:30

Why not?

'Cos he's a tart.

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 23:37

cos his car will be locked in a container and being shipped down under, going to be a fecking long trip to race him in future , but at least we've now got some where to race in the winter....:)

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 9th February 2016, 23:39
I'll camp too if you're up for it mate

Crap.....I'll have to camp now whether I like it or not......first weekender of the year.....god I hope it warms up a bit....:)

stribo
Wednesday 10th February 2016, 07:10
Crap.....I'll have to camp now whether I like it or not......first weekender of the year.....god I hope it warms up a bit....:)

Shakey in Spring will still be warmer than York on Summer. ;)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 10th February 2016, 13:36
It is a very remote chance. Depends on many things going well.

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:08
Second thoughts, if Martin's going I might run down in the TDi so he can time it up for me.
He's a good bloke, that one :)

Then I might just run it up the strip to see what a standard 304,000 mile TDi can do :lol:

Expect a time measured in days.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:10
Second thoughts, if Martin's going I might run down in the TDi so he can time it up for me.
He's a good bloke, that one :)

Then I might just run it up the strip to see what a standard 304,000 miles TDi can do :lol:

Expect a time measured in days.

bet it won't be that slow, well as long as you take the work tools out first

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:17
i got 17.2 from a standard S60 D5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGDRzy7HM08

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:19
bet it won't be that slow, well as long as you take the work tools out first

Lol

Well, I must lug a good 300kg around with me, all the time.
If I emptied it it would definitely feel like a 13 second car! :lol:

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:23

Ah, the JamesT5 mobile...

Is that a manual?

So that would be a 163, right?

I'd be slower than that, a standard 850TDi is only 140bhp, less torque too. :(

Still, Martin's got some go faster goodies for me. Have to sort something out at some point.
Tricky though, as the TDi is my workhorse so permanently needed running.

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:26
Ah, the JamesT5 mobile...
i'm afraid it now is

Is that a manual?

So that would be a 163, right?
yes i only have manuals, think it got 174bhp on a dyno (had got a cone filter lol)

MoleT-5R
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:30
Lol

Well, I must lug a good 300kg around with me, all the time.
If I emptied it it would definitely feel like a 13 second car! :lol:

lol... I suppose it would, dropping 300kg would probably feel like a 20-30 bhp boost....:mad111:

Looked a close run thing there Duane, the new owner would never be able to beat that, as he's more into de-tuning, going by his past efforts.......:uglyhamme

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:34
lol... I suppose it would, dropping 300kg would probably feel like a 20-30 bhp boost....:mad111:

Looked a close run thing there Duane, the new owner would never be able to beat that, as he's more into de-tuning, going by his past efforts.......:uglyhamme

If it got 174bhp on the rollers before.
I'm guessing we move the decimal point one place and go for 17.4bhp.
No doubt there will be someone to take to court over this.

martin_r_smith
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:37
I don't think mine would be much better than a 16. The derv just isn't geared for 1/4 mile sprints, a roll start from 40 however, then we're talking.

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:37
i only race to beat my own times, especially when your struggling against stuff like Clio's lol

i know he's removed the EGR blanking plate, & bet the standard airbox has gone back on as well by now lol

martin_r_smith
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:38
And yeah, I will time your tdi up if your there steve

martin_r_smith
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:40
I need to sort an air filter, the standard airbox (same as a T5) is costing me 8 horses even with a 'performance' panel filter.

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:41
I don't think mine would be much better than a 16. The derv just isn't geared for 1/4 mile sprints, a roll start from 40 however, then we're talking.

Agreed.
1st is nice and short, 2nd is ok, but third just goes oooooooooooon!

i only race to beat my own times, especially when your struggling against stuff like Clio's lol

i know he's removed the EGR blanking plate, & bet the standard airbox has gone back on as well by now lol

Same here mate. None of my cars are ever competitive enough to challenge for the top of the leaderboard in a month of Sundays.

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:42
a roll start from 40 however, then we're talking.
i remember watching a TV programme (Wheeler Dealers or something, nothing technical) & they basically did that at Santa Pod, they started the car way back beyond even the burn-out box so it was already moving & got a good run-up before it crossed the start line

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:43
And yeah, I will time your tdi up if your there steve

Cheers.

I'll PM you in a bit about the other stuff Martin.

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:44
i remember watching a TV programme (Wheeler Dealers or something, nothing technical) & they basically did that at Santa Pod, they started the car way back beyond even the burn-out box so it was already moving & got a good run-up before it crossed the start line

Think I saw that.

Wasn't it in a Cobra rep or something like that?

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:44
I need to sort an air filter, the standard airbox (same as a T5) is costing me 8 horses even with a 'performance' panel filter.
i think it had about 147k on the clock so was impressed it even matched the standard bhp lol

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:45
Think I saw that.

Wasn't it in a Cobra rep or something like that?
really can't remember what it was, do you reckon they'll let us do that lol

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:52

Excuses in early.

Like it.

Doingitsideways
Thursday 11th February 2016, 20:53
really can't remember what it was, do you reckon they'll let us do that lol

Yeah.
I'll start my run up in Manchester.
Probably still get my arse whooped!

martin_r_smith
Thursday 11th February 2016, 21:19
Excuses in early.

Like it.

It's a true story lol. Put it on the dyno on Tuesday just testing a few new tricks and tried it with all filter box attached, then just the empty box followed by nothing at all. The empty box and the box with a filter were both the same but no box got me 8 ponies, I thought the box would be ok as people often mention on here it's good for 300bhp on the petrol but evidently 220-230 has it maxed on the derv.

p fandango
Thursday 11th February 2016, 21:32
I thought the box would be ok as people often mention on here it's good for 300bhp on the petrol but evidently 220-230 has it maxed on the derv.
people get confused with "what its good for" & how efficient it is. Just because you can get 300bhp through it, doesn't mean your not losing more than you would with a different set-up

martin_r_smith
Thursday 11th February 2016, 21:43
Oh I understand that, but didn't expect it to be a restriction so soon. I might try a cone out see how it does.

stribo
Thursday 11th February 2016, 21:51
Just buy a petrol car, whack a big turbo on it, and whack the boost right up, what could possibly go wrong? Frankie might be able to answer that for you. ;)

martin_r_smith
Thursday 11th February 2016, 22:01
I think 2 bar is enough boost already :)

claymore
Friday 12th February 2016, 07:53
It's a true story lol. Put it on the dyno on Tuesday just testing a few new tricks and tried it with all filter box attached, then just the empty box followed by nothing at all. The empty box and the box with a filter were both the same but no box got me 8 ponies, I thought the box would be ok as people often mention on here it's good for 300bhp on the petrol but evidently 220-230 has it maxed on the derv.
I gained 10hp by changing from a small generic cone filter to a big cone filter.

t5 pete
Friday 12th February 2016, 09:52
Who's on the camping list then

stribo
Friday 12th February 2016, 10:15
Who's on the camping list then

Are you going to share a tent with Wobbly?

Jamest5r
Friday 12th February 2016, 11:48
If the weather looks ok I'll camp

Doingitsideways
Friday 12th February 2016, 13:11
Dunno yet.

Depending on work/wife giving me grief about never being at home, I may bob down, have a few scoops and (not) kip in the car.
Not asked my mate Colin if he wants to come yet.

t5 pete
Friday 12th February 2016, 13:15
Oh and god knows where we are going fit all the stuff as we will now be sporting a c70 convertible

Doingitsideways
Friday 12th February 2016, 13:20
Oh and god knows where we are going fit all the stuff as we will now be sporting a c70 convertible

Bahahahahahaha!!

Did the sight of mine turn you?! :lol:

Yeah, not much room in the boot is there?
Never mind, stick the roof down, loads of room then ;)

t5 pete
Friday 12th February 2016, 13:58
Bahahahahahaha!!

Did the sight of mine turn you?! :lol:

Yeah, not much room in the boot is there?
Never mind, stick the roof down, loads of room then ;)

If it was up to me we wouldn't be getting one but Donnas been nagging for years and I finally broke picking it up Sunday.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 20th February 2016, 20:54
Just to get the adrenilen flowing here's a shot of most of the wild bunch, ready for action at york

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5733/21482481010_f6f3c83fad_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/yJkkaC)DSC_0791 (https://flic.kr/p/yJkkaC) by moleadrian (https://www.flickr.com/photos/52829994@N03/), on Flickr

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st February 2016, 08:23
Just need to get the cars ready and hope for the good weather now. Looking forward to this year's season of drunken antics, laughs and breaking volvos with mates 😊

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

stribo
Sunday 21st February 2016, 08:36
Just to get the adrenilen flowing here's a shot of most of the wild bunch, ready for action at york

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5733/21482481010_f6f3c83fad_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/yJkkaC)DSC_0791 (https://flic.kr/p/yJkkaC) by moleadrian (https://www.flickr.com/photos/52829994@N03/), on Flickr

Needs a gay gold to brighten the picture up a bit. ;)

jamesy12345
Sunday 21st February 2016, 09:22

If the photo is from 20th September I was there somewhere just not in shot :(

LiamT4
Sunday 21st February 2016, 19:11
I'll be there to watch on the sunday.

MoleT-5R
Monday 22nd February 2016, 05:08
Just need to get the cars ready and hope for the good weather now. Looking forward to this year's season of drunken antics, laughs and breaking volvos with mates 

approximately 6 weeks to go mate, you should have plenty of time to get ready, going but what you have already achieved on the black T-5R in such a short time of ownership

It was noticed you where missing for most of last season, look forward to seeing you on the strip soon Steve

If the photo is from 20th September I was there somewhere just not in shot :(

You where one of the last to leave after a cracking days racing. I was trying to quickly find a shot with everyone in it, unfortunately you and Mr Sideways missed out and Donna is only just visible in the shot. I'll dig out another shot which has the missing cars in it to make it fair...:)

t5 pete
Monday 22nd February 2016, 12:55
Looking forward to seeing your times Adrian here's hoping to cracking the 13 seconds it would be good if we can do another avon later on as we will just be coming in the c70 this time but later on ide hope to get the gul into 13s

stribo
Monday 22nd February 2016, 14:56
It was noticed you where missing for most of last season, look forward to seeing you on the strip soon Steve

Yeah, only got one meet in last year, should do a few more this year. The S60 is having a new clutch at the end of the month, then I'll fit the new intercooler, and get a stage 2 map, so hopefully get some good times from that. The C70s making reliable boost, from the 18t now the actuator's been changed, and hopefully be getting BC coilovers for it finally, so I'm hoping for low 14s, high 13s from that. :D

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 23rd February 2016, 05:02
This should be a fun season, with a lot of people looking to crack the 13's and a couple who could possibly just make it into the 12's in theory.

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 23rd February 2016, 07:01
This should be a fun season, with a lot of people looking to crack the 13's and a couple who could possibly just make it into the 12's in theory.

If only :(

stribo
Tuesday 23rd February 2016, 14:22

There's only one person who can make it into the 12s, and he uses witchcraft. ;)

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 23rd February 2016, 21:51
If only :(

You'll get there ......... sometime....:) (says he who's still trying...lol)

There's only one person who can make it into the 12s, and he uses witchcraft. ;)

and there should be a few others but obviously they didn't go the school of witchcraft and 1/4 mile driving tuition...but they have all tried the Woody folded in door mirror jiggery pokery thingy and it didn't work for them at all.....lol :)

jamesy12345
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 07:08
...and there should be a few others but obviously they didn't go the school of witchcraft and 1/4 mile driving tuition...but they have all tried the Woody folded in door mirror jiggery pokery thingy and it didn't work for them at all.....lol :)

I think we found folding one mirror made for the quickest times...

stribo
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 10:14
You'll get there ......... sometime....:) (says he who's still trying...lol)

and there should be a few others but obviously they didn't go the school of witchcraft and 1/4 mile driving tuition...but they have all tried the Woody folded in door mirror jiggery pokery thingy and it didn't work for them at all.....lol :)

I fold the mirrors in on the S60R whilst doing a run, only takes a press of the button. :D

Santa
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 12:05
I fold the mirrors in on the S60R whilst doing a run, only takes a press of the button. :D
Not sure it actually helps though, aerodynamics were probably tuned by Volvo whilst they were sticking out[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Doingitsideways
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 13:33

Also, removing a leaf from the boot.

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 19:52
Also, removing a leaf from the boot.

Not sure it actually helps though, aerodynamics were probably tuned by Volvo whilst they were sticking out[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

I call the VPCUK myth busters to test this fully and post the results for this season whether positive or negative, lets put this one to bed as I see no difference , except with the mirrors in I can't see how far Stribo is behind me....lol:)

Santa
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 20:11
I call the VPCUK myth busters to test this fully and post the results for this season whether positive or negative, lets put this one to bed as I see no difference , except with the mirrors in I can't see how far Stribo is behind me....lol:)
I'm up for that :)

LiamT4
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 20:15
Regarding the mirrors question, i think they produce more drag when they are folded in, on the s60/v70s anyway.

I've driven along the motorway and folded the mirrors in and it definitely makes more noise. Noise=turbulence=drag.

(whether it would have much of an effect on cars with a terminal speed of around 100mph is another matter)

claymore
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 21:22
I'm up for trying it, I may get my 14.69

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 21:54

I say you flash git! ;)

Sounds a plan! Everyone do a run with and without, that said I've never managed consistency so may prove difficult to prove, only way for certain would be a wind tunnel I guess?

Doingitsideways
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 22:23
Hey, I've proven my method.

I took a leaf out of the boot and beat the car's PB :lol:

LiamT4
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 22:26
I say you flash git! ;)

Both my old BM and my s60 had electric folding mirrors but, on the BMW, it wouldn't let you fold them in when going over 5 mph.

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 22:32
Both my old BM and my s60 had electric folding mirrors but, on the BMW, it wouldn't let you fold them in when going over 5 mph.

You mean BMW's come with safety features?!?! Shame about the optional extra yellow flashing ones but hey if the mirrors fold out ;)

LiamT4
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 22:37
You mean BMW's come with safety features?!?! Shame about the optional extra yellow flashing ones but hey if the mirrors fold out ;)

Mine had those as well because it was a top of the range 540 and, not only did it come with indicators, but it also had a button for turning the fog lights off.

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 22:44
Mine had those as well because it was a top of the range 540 and, not only did it come with indicators, but it also had a button for turning the fog lights off.

Turning the fog lights off!!!! That must have been a thousand pound extra!

On a side note I'm sick of idiots with DRL's driving at night with no headlights or rear lights becuase they are so fecking bright they cant tell...!

Doingitsideways
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 22:47

On a side note I'm sick of idiots with DRL's driving at night with no headlights or rear lights becuase they are so fecking bright they cant tell...!

It's not that, it's that the dash is illuminated all the time.

The numpties can't tell that they have no lights on.
What makes it worse is when you see a copper slowly overtake them on a dual carriageway and do nothing!!

LiamT4
Wednesday 24th February 2016, 22:51

I told you mine was fully specced up ;)

Ettienne
Thursday 25th February 2016, 20:38
Did I read this is the last year the raceway is open?

What's the cost to run and camp? I'm almost tempted.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 25th February 2016, 20:47

£12 admission sat/sun (£10 in advance)
£22 Weekend Inc camping (£20 in advance)

though most turn up after 6pm saturday night so only pay for sunday and camp for free

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:13

Yep last year before Shakey is closed down to become a housing estate :(

£12 admission sat/sun (£10 in advance)
£22 Weekend Inc camping (£20 in advance)

though most turn up after 6pm saturday night so only pay for sunday and camp for free

Oh Im not so sure, the hardcore are set up BBQ going and beer in hand by 3pm! Providing its not raining ill be there early afternoon. Just need to buy a BBQ as I cant find my last and some food and beer etc.

Ettienne
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:17
Is it sleeping in the cars or actually tenting?

Do you all go in together or just meet up once in?

Doingitsideways
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:20

Either or and either or.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:27

^^^What he said

I've camped in a tent previously but ill be back in the car this year, its warmer, dry, less faff and takes a double matress as once kindly demonstrated by Jimbob.

As for arriving, nobody in the entire world lives in East Anglia bar me I think so I often arrive at random times with just the car in tow...

Normally all drunk within a few minutes of arrival...

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k549/EMLYNT5/P9190232_zpseuz4yv5v.jpg

t5 pete
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:27
Looking forward to this moley do you reckon we will be having another later on in the year as I would really like to put a time down with the gul

p fandango
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:31
i'm tempted to camp over for this one

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:35
Looking forward to this moley do you reckon we will be having another later on in the year as I would really like to put a time down with the gul

I hope to be along to as many as possible... we cant let Jimbob down he isnt allowed to miss any in his last year and gets special rights to have a go in all cars :hidesbehi

Steve all we do is laugh and act like big kids...

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/moleadrian/shakey%20vpcuk%20meet%20%2020th%20july%202015/DSC_0599_zpsk4mpm19j.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/moleadrian/shakey%20vpcuk%20meet%20%2020th%20july%202015/DSC_0613_zpsxdvv0nl0.jpg

Comfort as proven ...

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/moleadrian/shakey%20vpcuk%20meet%20%2020th%20july%202015/DSC_0621_zpso2kezn23.jpg

Jamest5r
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:46
Haha good memories gonna miss this banter alot :( me and Paula will be attending most of the camp outs this year, even got a bbq I will donate to the cause, got a load of other crap I'll be giving away once I've dug it out.

Ettienne
Thursday 25th February 2016, 21:56
Just need permission now, I'll bring the 90 so I can take in the scenery driving down the drag strip lol.

But loads of room for camping in the back, looks a giggle.

t5 pete
Thursday 25th February 2016, 22:04
The night before camping is awesome have to smile last visit to York woke up at about 3am absolutely freezing and thick with fog I make my way over to the fire to find moley sat there in his shorts and t shirt still drinking.

Doingitsideways
Thursday 25th February 2016, 22:38
The night before camping is awesome have to smile last visit to York woke up at about 3am absolutely freezing and thick with fog I make my way over to the fire to find moley sat there in his shorts and t shirt still drinking.

Pmsl!!

Was bloody freezing that night!

Ade's hardcore :lol:

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th February 2016, 22:51
Haha good memories gonna miss this banter alot :( me and Paula will be attending most of the camp outs this year, even got a bbq I will donate to the cause, got a load of other crap I'll be giving away once I've dug it out.

To be fair gents its the social that makes it for me, never met such a good and fun bunch who always accomodate no matter how long its been. I can genuinely say I've met more friends for life here than I have elsewhere and never had such a laugh camping.

Invenitably closing the strip by destroying a shaft or gearbox is still an influence... its all good fun eh?!?!

t5 pete
Thursday 25th February 2016, 23:02
Well said Emlyn totally agree

MoleT-5R
Thursday 25th February 2016, 23:23
Yep last year before Shakey is closed down to become a housing estate :(

Oh Im not so sure, the hardcore are set up BBQ going and beer in hand by 3pm! Providing its not raining ill be there early afternoon. Just need to buy a BBQ as I cant find my last and some food and beer etc.

You left it at york mate, it's in the lean to outside ready for shakey

Will be trying to do as many as possible at Shakey this year and york too of course

To be fair gents its the social that makes it for me, never met such a good and fun bunch who always accomodate no matter how long its been. I can genuinely say I've met more friends for life here than I have elsewhere and never had such a laugh camping.

Invenitably closing the strip by destroying a shaft or gearbox is still an influence... its all good fun eh?!?!

yep your right there mate, in the few years I've been coming to these meets it's the social catch up that really makes the events special and the great group of friends we have just add to this whether you see them regularly or every so often

T5frankie
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 17:29
May come to this lads, but. Think Jim should be racing, I may well be going for 9 second runs if I do come though.

Nealevo
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 17:40
High 9s on my Busa , yours should do 9.5 easy.... No pressure :)

claymore
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 17:42
14.69 for me :)

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 18:59
May come to this lads, but. Think Jim should be racing, I may well be going for 9 second runs if I do come though.

Come along mate, missed your banter. Be good to catch up.

T5frankie
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 19:10
High 9s on my Busa , yours should do 9.5 easy.... No pressure :)

Probably end up flipping it in the fire up lane lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 19:12
Just seen 10 years next month on this forum lol what do I get??

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 20:56
Just seen 10 years next month on this forum lol what do I get??

Half eaten curly wurly....

smithy
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 21:04
It will be good to catch up in person frankie and I'm going to race the v40 lpt so I can get used to racing again .should get a 16.5 lol

Doingitsideways
Tuesday 15th March 2016, 23:45
If I do end up coming down in the derv, I'll be gunning for 28 minutes.

martin_r_smith
Wednesday 16th March 2016, 10:57
I'll put something in it to get you a high 15 ;)

p fandango
Wednesday 16th March 2016, 11:31
I'll put something in it to get you a high 15 ;)
like a petrol engine lol

smithy
Wednesday 16th March 2016, 14:45
like a petrol engine lol

I wonder if you can beat the lpt on the drag strip in the BMW

p fandango
Wednesday 16th March 2016, 14:58
I wonder if you can beat the lpt on the drag strip in the BMW
I got 15.0 in the Messerschmitt

smithy
Wednesday 16th March 2016, 16:49
I got 15.0 in the Messerschmitt

Well atleast you can see me in your rear view mirror lol

T5frankie
Thursday 17th March 2016, 19:22
It will be good to catch up in person frankie and I'm going to race the v40 lpt so I can get used to racing again .should get a 16.5 lol

may just bring the mondeo t5 then see what the heavy old bus can do

Jamest5r
Thursday 17th March 2016, 20:14
may just bring the mondeo t5 then see what the heavy old driver can do

Sorted that for you mate :)

T5frankie
Thursday 17th March 2016, 20:51

Lol can't argue with that bones

smithy
Thursday 17th March 2016, 21:02
may just bring the mondeo t5 then see what the heavy old bus can do

It will be a laugh if anything I'm taking a lpt v40 on there should be funny if anything .proberly the slowest car of the day lol

jamesy12345
Thursday 17th March 2016, 21:46
Just realised I'm back for this so will try to make it

1. Mole T-5R
3. Martin_r_smith
4. Relfski S60R
5. Stribo C70 T5 GT
6, Claymore T-5R
9. Doingitsideways, not sure what I'll run. The 460 Turbo if I've done the gearbox, S70 if not.
10. Jamesy12345 whatever is insured

t5 pete
Thursday 17th March 2016, 22:36
Who's camping then

Jamest5r
Thursday 17th March 2016, 22:41
We are

martin_r_smith
Thursday 17th March 2016, 22:41
Who's camping then

I will

MoleT-5R
Friday 18th March 2016, 01:27
I should be, not sure whether the mrs's will manage the temperature at that time of year though....she better remember a hot water bottle, or the gennie and an electric blanket.....now there's an idea

p fandango
Friday 18th March 2016, 06:50
i'm tempted

Doingitsideways
Friday 18th March 2016, 08:44
Hmm... The Derv's been being a d1ck over the past week or so, cutting out and all sorts of random annoying limp mode nonsense.
Not sure I'd really feel comfortable driving half way across the country. :(

martin_r_smith
Friday 18th March 2016, 12:17
But you would be driving to someone who can fix it.....

Doingitsideways
Friday 18th March 2016, 13:43
PM me any ideas to try, Martin :(

The Flying Moose
Friday 18th March 2016, 21:31
Ill be camping, oh and we need fire! Im determined to stick it out with Ade this year to the bitter end (perhaps with a jumper though!)

t5 pete
Friday 18th March 2016, 22:27
Ill be camping, oh and we need fire! Im determined to stick it out with Ade this year to the bitter end (perhaps with a jumper though!)

Pmsl the guy is a superhero sat there in shorts and t shirt freezing fog at 3am drunk much more than what we did then wakes up next morning as if he hasn't had a drop and 9 hrs sleep

The Flying Moose
Friday 18th March 2016, 22:28
Pmsl the guy is a superhero sat there in shorts and t shirt freezing fog at 3am drunk much more than what we did then wakes up next morning as if he hasn't had a drop and 9 hrs sleep
Exactly Pete! A true living hero we can all look up too :)

stribo
Saturday 19th March 2016, 12:33
I'll be nice and comfy in my own bed. :D

MoleT-5R
Saturday 19th March 2016, 13:02
Exactly Pete! A true living hero we can all look up too :)

Thanks guys.......lol

T5frankie
Saturday 19th March 2016, 13:13

love how many people liked that, £££££££s

The Flying Moose
Thursday 31st March 2016, 16:36
Nearly there gents! Weathers looking pretty favourable too, what times are folk arriving Saturday?

Jamest5r
Thursday 31st March 2016, 16:41
6 at the gate.

Jamest5r
Thursday 31st March 2016, 16:50
Pete/moley/moose bring wood I've got none :)

The Flying Moose
Thursday 31st March 2016, 17:35
Pete/moley/moose bring wood I've got none :)

Will fill the car with as much as I can tonight.

Anyone planning on arriving mid afternoon say 3-4 ish?

Jamest5r
Thursday 31st March 2016, 17:43
You have to pay for Saturday b4 6pm

p fandango
Thursday 31st March 2016, 17:53
I'm out I'm afraid, somethings came up :(

The Flying Moose
Thursday 31st March 2016, 20:41
You have to pay for Saturday b4 6pm

Ah, in which case Ill be there for 6pm then!

MoleT-5R
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:00
sorry to put a damper on things, but due to a few problems that have cropped up I will not be making this one, totally gutted....have a good one lads and lasses

t5 pete
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:36
Bad news Adrian
Does some one have a bbq ill bring the wood

martin_r_smith
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:37
Bugger mate, we'll all have a beer in honour of you though.

martin_r_smith
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:40
Will fill the car with as much as I can tonight.

Anyone planning on arriving mid afternoon say 3-4 ish?

I could meet up with you earlier, I know some lovely twisty local roads and a good pub or 2.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:41
Bad news Adrian
Does some one have a bbq ill bring the wood

I have a small amount of wood I've forraged today. No BBQ but ill bring a gas stove and bacon etc for breakfast.

Bugger mate, we'll all have a beer in honour of you though.

Maybe two beers...

sorry to put a damper on things, but due to a few problems that have cropped up I will not be making this one, totally gutted....have a good one lads and lasses

Sorry to hear this mate, you'll both be missed.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:42
I could meet up with you earlier, I know some lovely twisty local roads and a good pub or 2.

Im game for that mate, ill PM you my mobile now. Im off work all day.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:44
Guessing its Me, Martin, Pete and James camping then?

Give me an idea how much food to bring thats all.

Jamest5r
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:52
Guessing its Me, Martin, Pete and James camping then?

Give me an idea how much food to bring thats all.

And Paula and Donna, we've got a couple of bbq as we know Emlyn likes his own personal one :)

Jamest5r
Thursday 31st March 2016, 21:53
Got no fire pit without moley though

Doingitsideways
Thursday 31st March 2016, 22:02
I'll be down Sunday.
Prob not running though.

What time do the gates open?

martin_r_smith
Thursday 31st March 2016, 22:08
I'll be down Sunday.
Prob not running though.

What time do the gates open?

I think 9

t5 pete
Thursday 31st March 2016, 22:30
I think I'll pinch a fire pit

The Flying Moose
Thursday 31st March 2016, 22:51
And Paula and Donna, we've got a couple of bbq as we know Emlyn likes his own personal one :)

What do you mean???!!! Are you implying Im a fat barsteward?

I lost mine, I seem to have a rock and roll habit of throwing them over hedges...can I share please. Ill share the gas stove and bacon ;)

Ill bring a slab of beer James and some meat etc, usual arrangement.

martin_r_smith
Thursday 31st March 2016, 22:57
We always seem to end up with loads of food, especially if pete brings half a cow again!

I'll bring some charcoal, wood and my stove to help with the mornings bacon.

Doingitsideways
Thursday 31st March 2016, 23:05
I'll set of at 5 on Sunday morning.
Anything for bacon! :D

MoleT-5R
Friday 1st April 2016, 12:24
What do you mean???!!! Are you implying Im a fat barsteward?

I lost mine, I seem to have a rock and roll habit of throwing them over hedges...can I share please. Ill share the gas stove and bacon ;)

Ill bring a slab of beer James and some meat etc, usual arrangement.

your certainly not fat mate....lol

and your personal bbq is in my lean-to, as you seem to have a habit of forgetting to pack it for it's return journey....or is it a cunning plan to keep your T-5R clean internally......lol

I would send it over, but Colin won't be there till sunday so it would be a bit late and I can't
think of any one else coming from over here

The Flying Moose
Friday 1st April 2016, 12:34
your certainly not fat mate....lol

and your personal bbq is in my lean-to, as you seem to have a habit of forgetting to pack it for it's return journey....or is it a cunning plan to keep your T-5R clean internally......lol

I would send it over, but Colin won't be there till sunday so it would be a bit late and I can't
think of any one else coming from over here

Thanks moley, don't worry. It's only a ten quid special . I dread to think of the storage costs mind you :)

MoleT-5R
Friday 1st April 2016, 12:42
Thanks moley, don't worry. It's only a ten quid special . I dread to think of the storage costs mind you :)

storage costs are minimal, it's the transport costs in a T-5R that cost the earth.....lol

The Flying Moose
Friday 1st April 2016, 12:49
storage costs are minimal, it's the transport costs in a T-5R that cost the earth.....lol

I'd repay you in Suffolk and Norfolk ale but your not attending. Maybe next time.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 2nd April 2016, 10:54
I'd repay you in Suffolk and Norfolk ale but your not attending. Maybe next time.

I doubt the next one will be that far away...:)

jamesy12345
Saturday 2nd April 2016, 21:49
Apologies folks I'm not going to make it - just done over 900 km in an Rx7 & now at the wrong end of the country. Enjoy!

MoleT-5R
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 00:19
hows things campers....hi di hi.....lol!

MoleT-5R
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 00:22
no pictures....it didn't happen....(are the rumors true that you are all in the local travel lodge :) )

Doingitsideways
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 10:08
Many apologies lads, especially to Martin who's probably all geared up to time my TDi, but I'm not going to be able to make it.

I picked up the old man's new motor from Ross on Wye yesterday and the most horrific toothache started on the way back, so bad I nearly stuffed the new motor at one point.

Been up with it all night and I'd rather not risk it.

Had a couple of fillings early last week, guessing something's gone very wrong somewhere :(

Anyway, sorry to mess anyone about. Catch up soon.

claymore
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 18:13
Home now, and I'm pleased to say, my 14.7 is still safe, best I managed today was a 14.9 :(, I think I'm going to give up on quarter mile.

Ettienne
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 19:08
Have to try the twin engine!

claymore
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 19:49
This video just about sums up my day :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPqXnSUS_c&feature=youtu.be

p fandango
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 19:50
you need a better camera, because it looked like you got beat by a Range Rover lol

MoleT-5R
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 20:05
This video just about sums up my day :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPqXnSUS_c&feature=youtu.be

if I'm not wrong you appear to be backing off the throttle not long after you get into third gear, where there running issues ??

claymore
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 20:15
if I'm not wrong you appear to be backing off the throttle not long after you get into third gear, where there running issues ??

Boost pipe blew off on both those runs (three times altogether)

smithy
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 20:19
Home now, and I'm pleased to say, my 14.7 is still safe, best I managed today was a 14.9 :(, I think I'm going to give up on quarter mile.

You cannot give up on the quater mile it's part of the fun

MoleT-5R
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 20:27
Boost pipe blew off on both those runs (three times altogether)

You cannot give up on the quater mile it's part of the fun

he stood a good chance of a good improvement on his PB, if only he could stop the pipe popping off, what were Emlyn's times Colin if you were fastest volvo of the day

claymore
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 20:29
What I have realized is that my best time was my first run, which I changed gear at the red line, all other runs I changed earlier at around 5000rpm which seemed to give me a higher terminal speed but slower time.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 20:35
What I have realized is that my best time was my first run, which I changed gear at the red line, all other runs I changed earlier at around 5000rpm which seemed to give me a higher terminal speed but slower time.

I still can't work out how the best times I get always have lower terminals than the slower times with higher terminals, frazzles my brain as it in theory should be the other way around as I see it..

claymore
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 20:37
these were some of my better runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBoFMWXWi8&feature=youtu.be

Doingitsideways
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 21:09
Did Martin run the TDi?

claymore
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 21:11
Did Martin run the TDi?

No, too chicken.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 21:23
he stood a good chance of a good improvement on his PB, if only he could stop the pipe popping off, what were Emlyn's times Colin if you were fastest volvo of the day

Not the best mate, 15.4 @ 96.7mph. Slower than York but I had fun and consistently managed about 10 15.4 in a row! Just couldnt launch, definitely prefer York ;)

stribo
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 22:11
Gutted we couldn't make it. hopefully both cars will be fighting fit for the next one.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 22:13
I'll be racing again as soon as the SSB is ready.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 22:19
Not the best mate, 15.4 @ 96.7mph. Slower than York but I had fun and consistently managed about 10 15.4 in a row! Just couldnt launch, definitely prefer York ;)

tbh I thought you'd do better on shakeys track, I was sure I'd knock at least 0.1 off my time just by making use of the extra grip at shakey, but the track would be a bit green from winter still. At present I'm hoping to try a time or 2 mid may and then can compare with york 2 weeks later.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 3rd April 2016, 22:24
these were some of my better runs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odBoFMWXWi8&feature=youtu.be

looks good to me, totally jealous now. Seems to pull well enough, could the slightly slower times be due to the track being green from winter..??

Ettienne
Monday 4th April 2016, 00:11
Gutted we couldn't make it. hopefully both cars will be fighting fit for the next one.

What happened?

stribo
Monday 4th April 2016, 18:28
What happened?

Boost leak on the C70, and the S60R has a massive flat spot.

Ettienne
Monday 4th April 2016, 18:51
Vvt pulley again?