PDA

View Full Version : Elevate downpipe w cat

Lemonhead
Thursday 28th January 2016, 22:47
hi can anyone tell me if its possible to install a rica stage 3 remap with just a elevate downpipe w/cat and upgraded intercooler...?
I want to use the original standard cat back exhaust because I don't like noise...
Any advice is appreciated...
Thanks

stribo
Friday 29th January 2016, 19:36
You can install a stage 3 map, but you won't get the benefit, as it won't have the supporting mods.

Lemonhead
Sunday 31st January 2016, 18:16
You can install a stage 3 map, but you won't get the benefit, as it won't have the supporting mods.

Hi what are the supporting mods needed...?
I want more power but don't want any noise...
Thanks for the reply

jamesy12345
Sunday 31st January 2016, 18:32
Looking at the RICA site the supporting mods are:

- Large high flow Intercooler
- Large bore race-cat downpipe
- Optional sports cat-back exhaust

http://www.rica.nl/chiptuning.php#chiptuning

It does say optional but as far as I know if you leave the original exhaust in place the back pressure will be higher, so as above you won't get all of the benefit of the stage 3. Unless RICA themselves have tested the car with & without 'sports' cat back it might be hard to get a definite answer

Kizzer
Friday 12th February 2016, 11:23
Why not purchase a resonated cat-back? Something with only a little more noise but nothing too killer.
It seems silly not helping the car breathe and trying to make gains

Santa
Friday 12th February 2016, 11:32
The supporting mods is going to give you the best outcome for that particular map. To be honest, if you are looking for a different set up a custom map may be better.

don kalmar union
Saturday 13th February 2016, 00:02
I presume that you have a C30 T5.

The particularly well received Swedish written MTE software calibrations that I presently have on offer at £345 will give you 260bhp with 420nm of torque in stage 1 form without the necessity of changing any part of the exhaust.

Their stage 2/3 calibrations, similarly priced, will give your outputs of 280bhp and 430nm provided you fit both downpipe with special 100cel cat and 'cat back'. I stock the Swedish made Ferrita exhausts that you can find and order here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-s40v50c30c70-exhausts/. Those prices include VAT and UK mainland delivery.

Ferrita's cat back systems have two silencer boxes and are not loud, they do however change the exhaust note both inside and outside the car.

You can install the Stage 2/3 software pending changing the entire exhaust system. The manufacturers' component protection codes that MTE do not change will sense the absence of the Ferrita exhaust, either the complete one or the absence of just the 'cat back' through heat and pressure values and will pull back on the higher set targets. With a complete change of exhaust you will achieve the set higher targets.

However, generally without an aftermarket, larger intercooler of very good quality or water injection you will find that when pressing on in warmer weather or on track the ECU will again sense temps. and pressures not to its liking and again pull back on the higher set targets.

Don.