PDA

View Full Version : abs and engine management light on😕

James evo
Tuesday 26th January 2016, 20:02
Hi there everyone'I wonder if anybody could help me I have just bought a s60r 53 reg with 60"000 on the clock 'the other night when driving home the abs light came on with the following message on the computer saying anti skid temporarily off 'then ten minutes later it went off ' this has happened twice since!'also last night I filled up with super unleaded petrol and two minutes later the engine management light came on ' I'm not sure what petrol the other owners put in but this shouldn't make a difference should it' if anyone can help me I would much appreciate it thanks james!

Harvey
Tuesday 26th January 2016, 20:22
have a look at you front driveshaft bolts under the wheel center caps they have a habitat of Coming loose.

if you left the filler cap loose this can pop the light on,

James evo
Tuesday 26th January 2016, 20:33
Thanks for that will do!

Orca2
Tuesday 26th January 2016, 23:03
If it isnt the driveshaft end bolts check the abs rings for cracks, they are prone to cracking , and cheap and easy to replace.

Mart5in
Tuesday 26th January 2016, 23:07
Engine management is particularly sensitive on these I find, it's probably unrelated to you putting super unleaded into it.

Have the code read.

Anti-skid being temporarily off is a strange one. As above though the first thing to check would be the ABS rings and that the driveshaft bolts are tight. usually a sensor fault will throw up a code straight away or the ABS light would stay on permanently.

sanj
Sunday 7th February 2016, 19:38
Hi have a similar problem on my 850 and it's due to a dodgy ignition switch. Once the car has started I need to turn the key back slightly to engage all the electrics, if I don't do this the abs light stays on.

Just my two pence worth.
Cheers

M-R-P
Sunday 7th February 2016, 19:45
The most common cause of "anti-skid temporarily off" is rolling roads or running the car in gear while it's up on axle stands.