PDA

View Full Version : V70R handbrake

seadog850r
Monday 25th January 2016, 15:20
Afternoon,

looking for some guidance on handbrake shoes.

recently changed all the shoes and cables. Seemed to take all the adjustment to get a bite but it passed the MOT. now that the linings are worn slightly there doesnt seem to be enough to adjustment to get it to bite.

Had it all apart and back together twice now and the only thing we can come up with is that the shoes are the wrong diameter, the info on gsf says 180mm which is what i have fitted. the discs are nearly new so no issues with that inner diameter.

Anyone else had any handbrake shoe issues with the v70r brembos?

Cheers

seadog850r
Monday 25th January 2016, 16:59
Problem solved,

replace the standard H spacer with the adjustable H spacer!

Always wondered why there was no shoe end adjustment.

LeeT5
Monday 25th January 2016, 17:13
Afternoon,

looking for some guidance on handbrake shoes.

recently changed all the shoes and cables. Seemed to take all the adjustment to get a bite but it passed the MOT. now that the linings are worn slightly there doesnt seem to be enough to adjustment to get it to bite.

Had it all apart and back together twice now and the only thing we can come up with is that the shoes are the wrong diameter, the info on gsf says 180mm which is what i have fitted. the discs are nearly new so no issues with that inner diameter.

Anyone else had any handbrake shoe issues with the v70r brembos?

Cheers

Are you sure you've fitted the right shoes? I don't trust sites like GSF, ECP etc...their info is ALWAYS incorrect!

You should have fitted OE mate for the shoes.

Regards the Brembo's.....No, I've not had issues. Adjust up perfectly and work perfectly. Two clicks of the hand brake and she holds, 3 clicks on a hill, 4 clicks and the car may aswell be bolted to the floor!
I'm using OE shoes, Brembo drilled discs and Brembo pads.

BigGreg
Monday 25th January 2016, 23:17
����������bolted to the floor. Love it ������������

seadog850r
Tuesday 26th January 2016, 08:03
Are you sure you've fitted the right shoes? I don't trust sites like GSF, ECP etc...their info is ALWAYS incorrect!

You should have fitted OE mate for the shoes.

Regards the Brembo's.....No, I've not had issues. Adjust up perfectly and work perfectly. Two clicks of the hand brake and she holds, 3 clicks on a hill, 4 clicks and the car may aswell be bolted to the floor!
I'm using OE shoes , Brembo drilled discs and Brembo pads.

Got another set of shoes from Volvo when i picked up the adjusters last night, had a quick look and dimensionally they are the same as the GSF ones, The shoe lining might be a different compound.

Will get the adjusters fitted tonight.

Cheers