PDA

View Full Version : Final solution Required..Car THEFT...not really

bonnietiler
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 10:09
So...about 2 years ago I had a low mileage Rover 45 Conn 1.8 in mint condition 30k on the clock..they are worth nothing as you know..but basically Head gaskets apart, good cars..
I had the gasket fixed gave it to my Son and bought my 850R via a Jaguar S-Type...another basically good car.. I have cared for my Volvo, Oh Yes... new tyres..Full Bilstein suspension kit 302 brakes..Ferodo 2500 It goes really well..
My Daughter in Law is a Midwife with 3 of her own children and I noticed a certain sly...yes definitely sly...sneaky yet envious glance when I bought the Volvo. Then I got the old Cows eyes when she had to go on Holiday..so I lent her the Volvo...first mistake which she promptly put 1000 miles on, no amount of warning that its useless on Fuel economy has in any way worked...Then, I get the call.."My Rover is losing water"..OH NO.. "I have to go to work"...OH NO.. OH NO.. "I can't work without a car".. So the Rover is down the side of my house and I'm REALLY hoping that its just the Inlet manifold gasket which has failed that I've ordered...
The Volvo 850R is currently being used a Midwifes delivery vehicle in the Stockport region of South Manchester, what I absolutely need is a cast iron..can't go wrong..100%..surefire reason why she can't pinch it again...sadly she really likes the car....

abdul
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 10:55
Tell her its now insured as a classic car and therefore u can only do 5k a year

t5steve
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 14:03
tell her its not insured for business use.

stephenevans99
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 14:06
Buy her a Micra....sorted.

Biff
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 16:10
Give her a slap & tell her to get back to the kitchen.

jamesy12345
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 18:03
Just for the benefit of unborn Hatters, let her run it if she does a stage zero

Orca2
Wednesday 20th January 2016, 18:40
Tell her to sod off . you aren't the free car fairy.

Doingitsideways
Thursday 21st January 2016, 18:07
Just put it on axle stands.
I find it works quite well.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n518/doingitsideways/DSC_1034_zpsoamz4zgi.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/doingitsideways/media/DSC_1034_zpsoamz4zgi.jpg.html)

Redbrick
Thursday 21st January 2016, 19:29
We sold my Wife's RICA'd 1.8T Passat cause it was knackered and 'I' bought her a gay gold V70R. She complained it was too big and too SLOW PMSL. :saythat:

She will not drive the 855 T5 as it makes her feel sick; she doesn't like the KW's set on level 9 out of 10 (track spec) she also hates the M66 box with it's memory muscle fifth gear.

There is your solution.