PDA

View Full Version : hid kits

craig1992
Thursday 7th January 2016, 07:51
Morning all,
Has anyone put a hid kit in any newish models 2008-now as I'm looking at doing it but don't know if I will get a load of fault codes or if they will even work with the computer system
T.I.A
Craig

Chief Badger
Friday 8th January 2016, 15:56
Hi Craig,

I've fitted a few now to my wife, my old V70 and one of my work collegues car. It does make a difference to the lighting which is pretty poor for a Volvo.

Not sure if this link will work
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351235665254?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You basically need a canbus kit and for the V70 the H7R as it has a slight blackout on it due to being a reflector headlamp which should stop some of the dazzle they can cause. I have bought all my kits from Car Mod Shop Ltd off ebay as when I had a faulty ballast 6 months into owning my first kit, they exchanged it without quibble. And I should say that was the last one that went wrong for me so quality is pretty good (I'm touching lots of wood for obvious reasons).

Hope that helps.

Geoff

craig1992
Friday 8th January 2016, 18:06
Thanks Geoff luckily I'm having a pro do fitting as I'm having a few other lighting bits added ;) (note that im also having proper HID projectors put in before people start complaining that its illegal) but as I've never had a volvo before and he's never worked on one we were unsure if 1) it would work 2) if it would bring up fault codes etc. I put my own ones on my punto.