PDA

View Full Version : Why it's so critical to check your plugs and fuelling when mapping

Dream3r
Sunday 3rd January 2016, 22:10
Sounds familiar?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=121855225053&category=9872&pm=1&ds=0&t=1451855386117

Dream3r
Tuesday 5th January 2016, 19:58
Here's the basic text which I was warning about, check your fueling is 100% before trying to add more power:

Here for sale is my 2002 V70 T5 - the LOLVO - that is in a bit of a sorry state. It's been used as a workhorse with a bit of grunt for the last few years and styled in a way that you'll need a sense of humour to enjoy. It always turns heads and gets the thumbs up from people who like a bit of something different.

It was bloody quick before it developed a missfire that turned into a fused spark plug in the head. For this reason I strongly recommend getting a NEW engine in there, or at least a new head on it. With the supporting Mod... and more importantly the xxx remap you're looking at 300bhp (not the 300bhp that people say the ex-police cars have as standard as this is a complete myth! Police cars are not remapped unless they are under the D1 and D2 catagory... which is deep undercover... not a white motorway cruiser!)