PDA

View Full Version : Lowering an S60

S60D5
Friday 2nd December 2005, 18:04
Knowing nothing about suspension, if I want to lower my S60 slightly (no boy racer ground hugging, just to reduce the wheel-arch gap) what do I need?

Just the springs?

Any recomendations?

siamblue
Friday 2nd December 2005, 18:20
Knowing nothing about suspension, if I want to lower my S60 slightly (no boy racer ground hugging, just to reduce the wheel-arch gap) what do I need?

Just the springs?

Any recomendations?

Springs and new bolts, probably want to replace the anti roll bar connecting link, as it says in the Haynes lol.

S60D5
Friday 2nd December 2005, 18:30
Springs and new bolts, probably want to replace the anti roll bar connecting link, as it says in the Haynes lol.

Lol - well I wouldn't do the job, I'd take it to someone who knows what they're doing :B_steerin

Any lowered S60 pics around? How low is low enough, without going too silly?

aeroresh
Friday 2nd December 2005, 18:34
I've got Eibachs on mine...about 30mm lower I reckon. How many miles yours done? If more than 50K you may find you need to change a ruck of bushes at the same time :troutslap May be worth upratng the shocks too.

Click on the VB garage link at the bottom of my signiture for pics. :)

S60D5
Friday 2nd December 2005, 18:47
I've got Eibachs on mine...about 30mm lower I reckon. How many miles yours done? If more than 50K you may find you need to change a ruck of bushes at the same time :troutslap May be worth upratng the shocks too.

Click on the VB garage link at the bottom of my signiture for pics. :)

Looks good - your wheels are massive though whereas I'm keeping my 17's as I like them lots!

Partsforvolvosonline.com (silly web address, far too long!) have the Eibachs for £166.00 inc - is that where you got yours from?

aeroresh
Friday 2nd December 2005, 19:00
Yes I got them from Parts for volvos, although since I bought Koni FSDs and the WP pro big brake kit aswell at the same time I got a bit of a discount. :B_steerin

I think theres a picture of TSD's S60 somewhere on here before he had his 19" wheels fitted with just H&R springs. Worth doing a search.....

Volvocano
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 21:14
those breaks are huge ! lol also whats the ride like on 19`s ??

Engineer
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 21:23

Just the springs?

Any recomendations?Truce / not a wind up. Do you want looks or real handling?

aeroresh
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 23:26
those breaks are huge ! lol also whats the ride like on 19`s ??

They're not shy thats for sure!

Ride is pretty smooth on all but the roughest of roads. The HEICO wheels are designed for the car and actually work with it rather than against it unlike most other big wheels which generally knacker the whole balance thing up. I guess that's what you pay the extra dosh for. :B_steerin

S60D5
Thursday 15th December 2005, 00:46
Truce / not a wind up. Do you want looks or real handling?

Lol. A bit of both, but I'm happy with handling at present - so any gain would be good. The *main* reason I would consider lowering (need to check how much extra premium I'd have to pay on insurance first...) would be to loose the big gap between the arch and the top of the tyre, especially on the rear.

t5 stealth
Thursday 15th December 2005, 01:12
if you dont want to go 2 low then just changeing springs will be fine,
not a bad job 2 do

jim.covers
Friday 16th December 2005, 00:45
I had mine lowered eibachs.... imo its not so noticeable, but the handling is better for sure