PDA

View Full Version : It's back, but with more problems!

Sweep
Monday 21st December 2015, 07:57
I put the T5 in for a clutch and cambelt as it's been squealing when pulling away, turned out the bearing where the shaft goes in the box had let go so needed a new box.
Anyway, it's now idling all over the place and quite lumpy too, had a brief spell of no power this morning too, it's also rising in revs when I put the clutch in! Not just hanging like it should be rising up like 400 or 500 rpm.

It's had new leads/plugs/dizzy and an IPD BCS, and I cleaned the TB and ICV not long back.
Any ideas?

Biff
Monday 21st December 2015, 10:42
Maf. My v70r was exactly the same.
Don't be buying cheap, Bosch is the only way to go.

Sweep
Monday 21st December 2015, 11:28
Would this also explain why at times when accelerating it can be a bit hesitant on building boost?

Can you buy them new?

Thanks for the help!

Saaamon
Monday 21st December 2015, 17:27
Sounds like you do need a new maf, they should be changed at 100k anyway. You've possibly got an air leak somewhere so would investigate that, also I'd thoroughly clean the tb and replace gasket and again with the icv.

Yes you can buy them new, I got one from a company in German off eBay.

Sweep
Monday 21st December 2015, 17:52
£190 from PFV :jaw:

martin_r_smith
Monday 21st December 2015, 18:30
You can get them for less than that but don't be tempted by the none genuine ones, they may be cheap but you'll soon regret it.

Jamest5r
Monday 21st December 2015, 18:39
See if you can borrow a known good one to check but it does sound like a maf.

Sweep
Wednesday 30th December 2015, 18:23
Fitted the new MAF today, but to no avail :(

For some reason the keyfob wouldn't unlock the car (it's been sat for a couple of weeks now) so I figured the battery had lost a bit of oomph, tried turning it over and it fired straight up without even sounding slow. However, the Lambda light is now on! Swapped the MAF over and fired it back up, same problems.

So, O2 sensor? When it was running well I had been noticing a strong smell of rotten egg when I'd be giving it some beans, so I thought the cat might be clogged, thoughts?

martin_r_smith
Wednesday 30th December 2015, 18:52
If the eml is on it has stored a fault code. Get the codes read before you change any other parts unnecessarily.

Sweep
Wednesday 30th December 2015, 19:03
If the eml is on it has stored a fault code. Get the codes read before you change any other parts unnecessarily.

I'll do that first then, it's still idling lumpy though!

martin_r_smith
Wednesday 30th December 2015, 21:28
The fault code should lead you to the culprit. Have you cleaned out the idle control valve?