PDA

View Full Version : 2009 c30 t5 se sport... Alarm system service required... Help please

Lemonhead
Monday 14th December 2015, 09:34
Hi I bought the car a few months ago and it had a message on the dash saying alarm service req...
The car unlocked, locked and the alarm worked fine until Friday when a work mate told me the alarm was going off
In the car park...
I turned it off and all was good until later on that night when it went off again...
I've never owned a Volvo before so have no idea were to start...
Can anyone please advise why the message is there..? Or possible reason for triggered alarm...
Thanks for any advice it's greatly appriciated...

Harvey
Monday 14th December 2015, 11:40
If it's the same as the S60/V70 P2 cars it's the siren battery going flat.

When mine said this .
http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r499/harveysr/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141216_110027_zpsxssw6tv3.jpg (http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/harveysr/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141216_110027_zpsxssw6tv3.jpg.html)
It's time to get a new siren unit, but stick a code reader on it to see if you have a different fault.

Lemonhead
Monday 14th December 2015, 20:35
Hi thanks for the reply... Yes that's the same message...
I phoned up Volvo today and was quoted £220+ vat fitted for a new siren..
+ £140 + vat for diagnostics...
I'm off work this week so I went to local scrap yard and pulled a 7.2v backup batt off a old police V60 I think.....
I followed a video on YouTube and hack saw' my siren open and fitted the scrappy one..
The message has now gone off the dash... : )....
The only problem now is I can't seem to trigger the alarm...
I wound the window down and armed the alarm with the fob and when I reach into the
Car and try and open the door nothing happens...
It's like the sensors are not working....
Is this normal....?
I'm praying the alarm doesn't go off in the middle of the night...
Thanks Nick

Harvey
Monday 14th December 2015, 20:53
Sounds like you are on the right track .
Where are you in the UK someone might be able to read the codes for you.

Harvey
Monday 14th December 2015, 20:57
Not sure if there's a fuse that might have blown ,have a read of the cars handbook to see if there's one.sorry don't know the C30 range.

Mart5in
Monday 14th December 2015, 21:03
Hi thanks for the reply... Yes that's the same message...
I phoned up Volvo today and was quoted £220+ vat fitted for a new siren..
+ £140 + vat for diagnostics...
I'm off work this week so I went to local scrap yard and pulled a 7.2v backup batt off a old police V60 I think.....
I followed a video on YouTube and hack saw' my siren open and fitted the scrappy one..
The message has now gone off the dash... : )....
The only problem now is I can't seem to trigger the alarm...
I wound the window down and armed the alarm with the fob and when I reach into the
Car and try and open the door nothing happens...
It's like the sensors are not working....
Is this normal....?
I'm praying the alarm doesn't go off in the middle of the night...
Thanks Nick

Sit in it really still with the windows up. Lock it with the fob, after a minute or so, try and climb into the back seats. that should set it off :B_thumb:

If the window is down, if it's like most alarms, it'll reduce the sensitivity of the interior sensors to compensate for wind movement etc.