PDA

View Full Version : single exhaust dual exit, info

craig1992
Sunday 29th November 2015, 22:55
Evening all I know it's not exactly clear but I'm unsure of actual name. Basically I'm looking at swapping my standard back box and standard exhaust tip with a twin exit pipe like on the twin turbo models. Has anyone made the conversion or have a twin with the exhaust already on? If so is there a massive difference in the exhaust noise? And before people say it I know diesels never sound amazing.
T.I.A
Craig

Blackdog
Monday 30th November 2015, 07:42
If you want it for noise then I wouldn't bother. As others can vouch you could have a nice quiet conversation behind mine when it was on a rolling road.

craig1992
Monday 30th November 2015, 09:32
Is there anything to do to emphasise the low rumble that diesels produce as I'd like to be able to hear better in a tunnel ;)

martin_r_smith
Monday 30th November 2015, 10:06
mine sounds good :)

Doingitsideways
Monday 30th November 2015, 10:32
mine sounds good :)

But yours is old skool :)

martin_r_smith
Monday 30th November 2015, 10:39
But yours is old skool :)

Yep nothing really you can do to the newer ones as they start to throw hissy fits when you decat and remove the dpf, whichis what your gonna need to do to get any noise.

craig1992
Monday 30th November 2015, 11:30
Yeah I know and want to avoid that as there clamping down on dpf removals for MOT's

martin_r_smith
Monday 30th November 2015, 13:02
then realistically its not going to happen. You could try removing all silencers but your not going to gain much noise to be honest, turbo diesels just aren't really that loud. Mine is just a straight 3" pipe from turbo to tail and until i really boot it thats not even that loud!