PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

craig1992
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 17:27
Good afternoon,
Have any of you got a p3 v70 and put lowering springs on? If so how difficult was it? And if any problems what were they?
T.I.A
Craig

Chief Badger
Sunday 6th December 2015, 12:06
Hi Craig

I have put eibach lowering springs on my last 2 phase 3 v70's. It makes a massive visual improvement, especially from the side where you can see the drop.

No real issues, both caught the ground sometimes on typical country lanes with grass growing up the middle but to be expected with a lowered car.

Handling wise, both were/se spec cars and I left the standard shocks in. Mine was low mileage (60k & 2 years old), it was fine on them. The wife's is older (145k & 7 years old), it is noticeably bouncier so really would benefit from new shocks but it isn't driven hard so not worried.

Not had any issues with rubbing using 245 40 18's which is volvo standard size on p3 v70's. Also ran my car on C70 Mirzam on 235 width 18's , can't remember profile now but standard c70 size and it had no rubbing issues either. They filled the arches nicely as they sat slightly further out.

I went with the eibach kit as when I lowered my v50 with volvo oem lowering springs they turned out to be eibach items.

Hope that helps

Geoff

craig1992
Sunday 6th December 2015, 16:51
Thanks Geoff but recently found out that it has the self levelling suspension so makes everything difficult and I can't be bothered going to all the effort. I'm thinking of getting some 19" alloys to try make it look beefier. But don't know what else to do after that

condegun
Friday 8th January 2016, 21:12
I was thinking in Putting Bilstein B6,to my V70III D5 AWD.they would accept the eibach lowering springs ?