PDA

View Full Version : Induction Kit Advice Please

Robbin Houses
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 10:29
Ive got a cone fitted to my V70r, im happy with the cone but i want to change the pipe from the MAF to Turbo. Is there a kit someone can direct me to or is more a case of just ordering pipework and building your own? Also what do you do about the 2 vaccum pipes and the other pipe down by the turbo?

Thanks

Biff
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 13:01
Ive got a cone fitted to my V70r, im happy with the cone but i want to change the pipe from the MAF to Turbo. Is there a kit someone can direct me to or is more a case of just ordering pipework and building your own? Also what do you do about the 2 vaccum pipes and the other pipe down by the turbo?

Thanks
Most have made they're own using various silicone bends & ali pipe.
A couple of companies (snabb/do88) make them but sit down when you get a quote. :)

Robbin Houses
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 13:17
Thanks i thought that would probly be the case! Better get on ebay then and see what i can find!!

p fandango
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 13:30
i redid the whole turbo pipework with 3" tube & silicone joints

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/info/RIP/intake2.jpg

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Latest/IMG_0859_zps65b1ccc0.jpg

Robbin Houses
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 13:41
What did you do about those vaccum pipes going into the pipe by the turbo?

p fandango
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 13:47
What did you do about those vaccum pipes going into the pipe by the turbo?
I haven't, the only additional pipe I had to connect was the 19mm for the idle control valve. The PCV pipe (the one by the turbo) goes to the catch tank instead

Robbin Houses
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 18:10
Sorry to sound dumb, but i mean those 3 pipes in you picture how did you attach them back to the new blue induction pipe?

p fandango
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 19:26
Sorry to sound dumb, but i mean those 3 pipes in you picture how did you attach them back to the new blue induction pipe?
the 3 small vac pipes that you can see attached to the standard intake hose? As said, i didn't. the smaller one just after the maf is the return from the standard boost control solenoid, i'm using an Apexi boost controller so don't need the return. The thicker one by the turbo is from the PCV, which is now going to a catch tank. The smaller one by the turbo I think was just a vac that I blocked

Robbin Houses
Tuesday 24th November 2015, 20:55
Ahh cool i get it now, sorry ive ordered some silicone pipes so ill have a play around when they arrive!! Cheers again!!