PDA

View Full Version : close call timing belt t5r

martybelfastt5
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 21:34
took the car out today noticed instantly it was down in power.....heard a light squealing/rattling noise didnt get far from home turned her nursed home all of a mile or so removed my timing belt cover the circle tensioner wheel has collapsed which i can only guess has timing out slightly hence the response being down and noticed the car took an unusual amount of winding to start ,,,close call so new belt kit from pfv to be orderd and fitted so happy hasnt done any damage.....belt has been done on her can only assume cheap parts/not a full kit

Biff
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 21:38
took the car out today noticed instantly it was down in power.....heard a light squealing/rattling noise didnt get far from home turned her nursed home all of a mile or so removed my timing belt cover the circle tensioner wheel has collapsed which i can only guess has timing out slightly hence the response being down and noticed the car took an unusual amount of winding to start ,,,close call so new belt kit from pfv to be orderd and fitted so happy hasnt done any damage.....belt has been done on her can only assume cheap parts/not a full kit

I hope you did the lotto also!
Glad it didn't go tits up mate.

martybelfastt5
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 21:40
checked two different lottos i done over weekend frig all im afraid:smile:

CAMO
Monday 23rd November 2015, 16:15
Close call, could of been catastrophic!!!