PDA

View Full Version : Loading and lowering.

petrolh34d
Friday 20th November 2015, 11:57
I'm currently at standard ride height, on standard suspension, and my arch gap is criminal.

I want to go a bit lower, but the only thing is that I carry pretty big loads of musical equipment from time to time. (seats folded down, car turned into a van essentially)

Can I go lower, or will I be on the bump stops if I'm carrying loads?

M-R-P
Friday 20th November 2015, 13:14
You'd need to drop the nivomats to match the new springs, then it'll be fine.

Doingitsideways
Friday 20th November 2015, 13:26
That's if it has Nivos.
Could always change to non Nivo springs and dampers if so

petrolh34d
Friday 20th November 2015, 14:19
I'm pretty sure I don't have Nivos. Assuming that I don't, will I be ok to go 40mm lower?

How much travel do MK1 V70's have in the rear as standard?

Biff
Friday 20th November 2015, 14:23
My P1 V70 was in the weeds on pro sport coilovers & 17" comets with 205/40's. Probably -60-70mm on the rear.
I had me, mrs biff, baby biff & my dog, a boot full & a roof box & I encountered no problems.
Drop it, if it don't scrape it aint low enough. ;)

petrolh34d
Friday 20th November 2015, 14:31
My P1 V70 was in the weeds on pro sport coilovers & 17" comets with 205/40's. Probably -60-70mm on the rear.
I had me, mrs biff, baby biff & my dog, a boot full & a roof box & I encountered no problems.
Drop it, if it don't scrape it aint low enough. ;)

Haha, that answer just brightened up my day :B_thumb:

What did she drive like on the Prosports Biff?

Biff
Friday 20th November 2015, 18:51
Haha, that answer just brightened up my day :B_thumb:

What did she drive like on the Prosports Biff?

To be honest I've seen people slate them but for the money & if your not bothered about a bit of bounce I say go for it for the price. Just don't expect them to be on par with the likes of bc or kW.
They were liveable, I've had much much worse! I'll stick some on the s40 if needs be.
For reference mine had Volvo bump stops not the cheap Ones supplied.
Don't forget some pics when it's slammed mate. ;)

Saaamon
Friday 20th November 2015, 19:24
If your just buying lowering springs you mite find it sits down abit, if you purchase a kit (dampers and springs) you'll probably fine. Ive never had problems with mine even 4s up and a boot full of tools and its already quite low as is.