PDA

View Full Version : your opinions

craig
Thursday 1st December 2005, 23:23
im off to vt tuning tomoro for a cam belt and tensioner ,but while im there im thinking of asking if they can fit in an ecu upgrade to 280 ,ive got a 94 850 t5 with an mbc fitted and im impressed allready with the power but will the 280 upgrade be really that much different . what are your thoughts anyone.

S60D5
Friday 2nd December 2005, 00:10
im off to vt tuning tomoro for a cam belt and tensioner ,but while im there im thinking of asking if they can fit in an ecu upgrade to 280 ,ive got a 94 850 t5 with an mbc fitted and im impressed allready with the power but will the 280 upgrade be really that much different . what are your thoughts anyone.

As you get 14 day money back guarentee, you might as well try it!

If you don't consider it worth the money, then ask for a refund! Simple as!

t5 stealth
Friday 2nd December 2005, 00:14
you should of said you wanted belt doing,
i could of done it for you,
& where did you get the mbc thing from & how much,

Wobbly Dave
Friday 2nd December 2005, 01:00
the 280 is much better than MBC - better protection for your engine, for a start

Martinr
Friday 2nd December 2005, 09:18
Get the 280 upgrade done.

I did and it has transformed both the car and the driving experience.

Assume rest of car is OK as it should be sorted before you have an upgrade done or you won't get the full benefit.

Do it you know you want to :)

Murphy
Friday 2nd December 2005, 09:31
I would get a remap because it ensures that the fueling is spot on, sorts out your boost and all that lark - should result in a smoother delivery too :)

Goof
Friday 2nd December 2005, 09:47
Go 280 & dump the mbc.

craig
Friday 2nd December 2005, 20:05
ive gone for the 280 but despite hamish and adams 1st class efforts to get it all finnished we ran out of time and turns out the dump valve is knackered so im back in the mornin to collect it and try it out.so thanks goes to adam and hamish for your long hours of effort and if anyone hasnt been to VT it worth a visit if for no other reason than to play football with the dog.

Aiken
Friday 2nd December 2005, 20:09
How could I have forgotten playing football with the dog! That definately kept me enthusied for a while when I was down there.

Good luck with finishing off the work tomorrow.

craig
Sunday 4th December 2005, 21:07
well it turns out that the re conditioned turbo supplied by turbo techniks about 12000 miles ago is ok for a stock ecu but with the 280 upgrade its f**ked and cant get anywhere near the 280 bhp required from it so it looks like im spending another £600 on a new 15g turbo at least this time when adam and hamish do it itl be right . but what i did find even with the turbo as it is and without the mbc it is such a better power delivery compared to the mbc so im looking forward now to getting the turbo replaced and seeing what 280 bhp is really like . so im a bit peed off with it but thanks to VT for all their hard work . see you soon. craig.

siamblue
Sunday 4th December 2005, 22:16
well it turns out that the re conditioned turbo supplied by turbo techniks about 12000 miles ago is ok for a stock ecu but with the 280 upgrade its f**ked and cant get anywhere near the 280 bhp required from it so it looks like im spending another £600 on a new 15g turbo at least this time when adam and hamish do it itl be right . but what i did find even with the turbo as it is and without the mbc it is such a better power delivery compared to the mbc so im looking forward now to getting the turbo replaced and seeing what 280 bhp is really like . so im a bit peed off with it but thanks to VT for all their hard work . see you soon. craig.

I would've thought it was either Knackered or working how can a ecu upgrade make it not work? It's only a turbo.

craig
Sunday 4th December 2005, 22:31
the upgrade didnt make it not work , its just that the turbo was worn and allready boosting maximum pressure to give the stock bhp, so once the upgrade was added the turbo could not give much more than it was giving in the first place, thats how i understand it anyway.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 4th December 2005, 23:11
Sorry to here she didnt take to the tune. It is good though that VT are honest enough to tell you the facts rather than walking off with the money?

I have a second hand 16T for sale if you want it. Was running very well (only 80K on it)

craig
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 17:14
wobbly PM sent

siamblue
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 17:33
I had a long chat with Justin on Monday night and he expalained all about it,
Good luck on your car though :)

craig
Wednesday 7th December 2005, 18:04
thanks mate.