PDA

View Full Version : resurrecting the old girl

mr marshalltown
Friday 13th November 2015, 23:50
After looking through hundreds of car adverts for what seems like forever and not finding anything that floats my boat I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have my old unloved t5 than anything else so rather than go and spend good money on some car that's probably the sensible and economcal choice but bores me to death im going to take that money and use it to show my 850 some much deserved attention and finally get her back on the open road instead of the nackers yard
just thought id share that lol

M-R-P
Saturday 14th November 2015, 10:17
Looking forward to the project thread :)

p fandango
Saturday 14th November 2015, 10:30
sounds like a good choice to me, even buying a new car you never know what issues it can have till its too late

abdul
Saturday 14th November 2015, 14:21
Any pictures

Biff
Saturday 14th November 2015, 19:17
Sometimes it's better the devil you know!

foammanmark
Saturday 14th November 2015, 19:25
Sometimes it's better the devil you know!

Spot one Biff. No new cars coming anywhere near me for a few years, as I want to get the max out of the cars that I altready have............

Biff
Saturday 14th November 2015, 20:18
Spot one Biff. No new cars coming anywhere near me for a few years, as I want to get the max out of the cars that I altready have............
I will be building from the ground up on my next t5 dude. No messing, everything oe or uprated! :)

foammanmark
Saturday 14th November 2015, 20:33
[QUOTE=Biff;790800]I will be building from the ground up on my next t5 dude. No messing, everything oe or uprated! :)[/QUOTE

Look forward to that mate and I hope that it happens soon.............

mr marshalltown
Sunday 15th November 2015, 00:55
Thanks for the intrest lads I'm hoping to get a start on her next week il keep you posted with my progress

mr marshalltown
Friday 20th November 2015, 23:54
Thought I'd just do a quick update scince I posted I was going to sort out my t5 I've been tempted by a couple of cars in eBay an 850r which I think is the same one that's on here in the classified ad's and there's a v70r on there as well that has caught my eye I'd love either one and was thinking I could save myself the hassle here and just buy one that's ready to go believe me I am very tempted ��
But as tempted as I am to just sack mine off and get something else I just keep coming back to my original idea of sorting my t5 out and save it from the scrap yard as it really would be a crime as I'm sure there's not many 855 t5s like mine out there now ? Il give a quick run down about my car
96 855 t5 manual with a fairly ratty body both front wings are rusted through but engine has only 100007 genuine miles from New almost full service from New Sat on mint un refurbished comets v70r front discs and calliper carriers with an 850r front bumber standard engine but has a rica 310? Ecu chip
I'm rambling lol anyway I've thought sod it she will love again so I've just bought a few essentials today and I'm going to book her in for mot next week fingers crossed

mr marshalltown
Saturday 21st November 2015, 00:35
Just read my thread and just thought id add i meant live again stupid predictive txt useless man

mr marshalltown
Friday 27th November 2015, 00:47
Mot in morning got a new battery in get new thermostat and temperature sensor in yesterday running like new fingers crossed she will pass

T5G
Friday 27th November 2015, 01:43
Good luck with the MOT. It's a shame to see the lack of encouragement to project threads these days :-(

mr marshalltown
Friday 27th November 2015, 04:05
Thanks mate I know I thought someone would be intrested in the fact I'm saving my car from the scrapers
I might be wrong but I feel like if it's not an r it doesn't matter and no one cares�� but Id just like add I love r's myself nothing nettser and i know they are rare now and thin on the ground but if you notice there seems to be shed loads of r's out the for sale and not many humble t5s so in a way in my eyes it would be a real shame to not her sorted as I'm pretty sure a factory manual 855 t5 with only 107000 genuine is just as hard if not harder

kmb
Friday 27th November 2015, 08:05
I'm interested (as another 855 T5 owner) - We just need some pictures to help the encouragement along :lol:

Saaamon
Friday 27th November 2015, 10:55
I'd be interested in your project thread, I'm also a peasant T5 owner.

Doingitsideways
Friday 27th November 2015, 11:23
I'd be interested in your project thread, I'm also a peasant T5 owner.

Me too (S70)

Also an 850 TDi that wants to be an R!

Biff
Friday 27th November 2015, 12:14
I think the comments on lack of encouragement are a bit ott to be honest.
Thing is with project threads you can add a post & people will read to see your progress but might not have anything to say. I have found this with every project thread I have started. You pot a project thread to update your progress & tbh you've not had a lot of progress yet. That's without sounding like a criticism! :) You want to try having a lowly s40 derv, then you will feel isolated & alone!! :( ;)
You do need to post pictures up though as you'll find people will read more with illustration.
Finally good look with the mot.

Doingitsideways
Friday 27th November 2015, 13:03
Thing is with project threads you can add a post & people will read to see your progress but might not have anything to say. I have found this with every project thread I have started. You pot a project thread to update your progress & tbh you've not had a lot of progress yet. That's without sounding like a criticism! :) You want to try having a lowly s40 derv, then you will feel isolated & alone!! :( ;)
You do need to post pictures up though as you'll find people will read more with illustration.
Finally good look with the mot.

^^^^ What Biff said ^^^^

Every part, except the S40 bit.
Try a lowly 460!! :lol:

mr marshalltown
Thursday 3rd December 2015, 18:22
Quck update she passed the mot only needing track rod ends a couple of bulbs and windscreen wipers I have also changed the rear discs and pads for good measure as they were past their best and today i fitted a new heater matrix which was fun���� next job on my list is to address the body work I have sourced some rust free wings and other panels in the matching paint code which I'm collecting on Saturday I will post some before and after pics when I get round to fitting them probably Sunday I'm getting there atleast

kmb
Thursday 3rd December 2015, 23:35
Nice progress, look forward to the pics.

mr marshalltown
Friday 4th December 2015, 00:04
Quck update she passed the mot only needing track rod ends a couple of bulbs and windscreen wipers I have also changed the rear discs and pads for good measure as they were past their best and today i fitted a new heater matrix which was fun���� next job on my list is to address the body work I have sourced some rust free wings and other panels in the matching paint code which I'm collecting on Saturday I will post some before and after pics when I get round to fitting them probably Sunday I'm getting there atleast

Just remembered I also changed the abs rings not exactly exciting but as tesco keeps telling us every little helps lol and at least my brakes dont judder or lock up when heavy breaking now which is nice

Doingitsideways
Friday 4th December 2015, 00:28
Pics!! :D

mr marshalltown
Friday 4th December 2015, 00:49
I'm try to upload some pics on sunday while I'm changing the wings

Gold 'N' Brown
Friday 4th December 2015, 15:24

I just read that, and all I can say is "WTF?". The only thing worse than a project thread without pics, is a project thread that is totally chuffing disrupted by Off-topic banter or endless irrelevant congratulatory posts (and now you can my post to that list!). Too much of that crap and you've lost my attention.

Now get pics up :B_thumb:

On topic - what's involved in changing the ARB rings and do they have anything to do with the traction control? I've a V70 so I know there may not be an exact comparison but thought I better ask something sensible to contribute :troutslap

jamesy12345
Friday 4th December 2015, 15:40
When I am in doubt about whether anyone cares about my project thread(s), I just take a look at this guy's thread....

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14868&sid=b66076998b4ad8663669f5eb9368b976

Started in 2007 & still going strong, usually with very few replies. For me a project thread is just for your own records. I don't expect to see 'nice', 'mmm', 'great', etc on anything I post.

//edit

I meant 'after EVERYTHING I post'

ah you know what I mean. I likes a bit of off topic banter also. Keeps us interested - we aren't robots speaking about technical specs all the time

mr marshalltown
Saturday 5th December 2015, 20:45
Well picked up some much needed body panels up in matching paint code today and in surprisingly good condition and at a fair price very happy
I picked up both front wings drivers door drivers rear door and tailgate all complete and dent free for the small fee of £150 tailgate even came with the spoiler result!!!
Hopefully the weather will ease off tomorrow so I can make a start on fitting them and I will try to get some pics taken and uploaded of how I get on