PDA

View Full Version : P2r headlamps

Ettienne
Friday 13th November 2015, 23:34
I've never been happy with the silver in the headlamps on the p2, as the car is dark blue, and the grill is black, which on mine has some stone chips on the silver surround, so I'll black the edge out and I've always thought the new volvos looked better with darker headlamp surrounds.

It took some time but I found a pair of pre facelift xenons, which are the same as the p2r lights with black around the reflectors, quite looking forward go fitting them with the new intercooler and it's grill.

I'm looking at making something similar to the grill in the pic.

Redbrick
Saturday 14th November 2015, 02:18
I've never been happy with the silver in the headlamps on the p2, as the car is dark blue, and the grill is black, which on mine has some stone chips on the silver surround, so I'll black the edge out and I've always thought the new volvos looked better with darker headlamp surrounds.

It took some time but I found a pair of pre facelift xenons, which are the same as the p2r lights with black around the reflectors, quite looking forward go fitting them with the new intercooler and it's grill.

I'm looking at making something similar to the grill in the pic.

Got black bi-zenons on my V70 D5, much nicer than the silver versions on a dark coloured car. As seen in my picture below.

Harvey
Saturday 14th November 2015, 05:47
The lamp units with the filter on the high beam do cut down the light output, in the USA they like to change them to the one's that don't have the filter as they do cut down the output.

Why has someone stuck a shark fin aerial to the lower edge of the bumper ?.

Ettienne
Saturday 14th November 2015, 06:09
The lamp units with the filter on the high beam do cut down the light output, in the USA they like to change them to the one's that don't have the filter as they do cut down the output.

Why has someone stuck a shark fin aerial to the lower edge of the bumper ?.

No idea that's the splitter I'm guessing it's the original Volvo v70r prototype I believe, but I'm going for the splitter (now Tc is looking into making) and a grill similar for the intercooler pictured, it's just to get the idea of the black and dark blue look unfortunately headlamps are still silver on that one

Ettienne
Saturday 14th November 2015, 06:11
Got black bi-zenons on my V70 D5, much nicer than the silver versions on a dark coloured car. As seen in my picture below.

They def look good, obviously silver on a black front end as your d5 would just look odd imho.

did you upgrade them or did they come standard, not many people did the upgrade and they are hard to find.

stribo
Saturday 14th November 2015, 12:36
Shem had some for sale a while back, which I thought of buying for the S60R, but, don't think it looks odd as it is. :P

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/RSCougar/Our%20Volvo%20S60R/springaction%20042.jpg (http://s373.photobucket.com/user/RSCougar/media/Our%20Volvo%20S60R/springaction%20042.jpg.html)

Ettienne
Saturday 14th November 2015, 13:31
Yours is black and silver, which I can understand, mines black, blue and silver, but I'll see how they look and they are in vgc.

Redbrick
Saturday 14th November 2015, 21:28
They def look good, obviously silver on a black front end as your d5 would just look odd imho.

did you upgrade them or did they come standard, not many people did the upgrade and they are hard to find.

Came on the car, all the special bits except nav and phone, no loss there then!