PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day

JamesT5
Tuesday 10th November 2015, 21:11
Anyone planning a Dyno day for the new year? It would be good to have another one.

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 10th November 2015, 22:16
I'll organise one if the interest is there. Although Shipton under Wychwood isn't a great location for everyone but the dyno is able to cater for 2wd/4wd upto 750hp per axle (ok for colin then!).

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 10th November 2015, 22:25
why doesn't he organise one, he suggested it..no offence intended Martin

Saaamon
Tuesday 10th November 2015, 22:41
Im interested, subject to location.

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 10th November 2015, 23:01
Postcode for the one I'd organise is OX7 6BQ. I think, but would have to check, it's £35 for a couple of power runs + your print outs etc. But it would need min 10 cars.

Ettienne
Tuesday 10th November 2015, 23:32
Ironically I was at southways today having a cuppa with rich, I'm popping in again tomorrow if my schedule allows, may see what his situation is like

Biff
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 07:52
We both know the answer to that Adrian.
Would you go?
I've been saying for some time about a dyno day in my local rolling road.
My problem is time to organise between work & nappy changes but definitely something I will do in the future.

ExternalError
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 07:55
i'd be up for one but not until the new gearbox is in and the gt28 is fitted and tuned so anytime after xmas.

Nealevo
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 19:36
Hopefully in the new year I will be up and running. So I'm in.

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 19:50
Depending where and when, I'll be up for a dyno day, it's been a while!

CAMO
Thursday 12th November 2015, 16:47
I would be interested, but I am down in the deep depths of the SW, so location would be the major factor!

JamesT5
Friday 13th November 2015, 08:44

"He".... I am still here Adrian. :)

I could organise one, however I wanted to make sure no one else has organised one to avoid a clash, or, too many rolling road events leading to the 'I went to the last one in (insert month) so I don't think I'll bother with this one', situation.

I can easily organise one in south Wales, I'm not central like in the midlands or anywhere so I don't know many places other than HLM and therefore no idea what their reputation is like.

The last Dyno centre I used was an AWD one in Llanelli (near Swansea for those of you who failed Geography at school ;) ). The guy was absolutely brilliant, very nice chap and as I say, can accommodate AWD cars. I could contact him and organise something if people fancy a trip to south Wales.

I'm quite happy to organise a Dyno day for people; despite my chequered reputation on here I'm not the 'also ran' people make me out to be.

Now, who could make south Wales and when's the best time?

Ettienne
Friday 13th November 2015, 09:14
I would be interested, but I am down in the deep depths of the SW, so location would be the major factor!

What about somewhere in Wiltshire? So people could travel from surrounding areas

Ettienne
Friday 13th November 2015, 09:19
This place hires the dyno out and is cheap £20+ for 10 plus cars or £25+ for 5-10, with the option of half and full day hiring.

I'm not a dyno addict someone will have to check the facilities etc

http://www.slarkraceengineering.co.uk/rolling-road-tuning/

Nealevo
Friday 13th November 2015, 09:52
I can ask the question of the place where i got my Audi Miltek from.

http://www.viezu.com

They had a 4WD rolling road and prices were £30 for 2WD and £40 for 4WD.

Great service and refreshments and its pretty central to everyone

Viezu Technologies Ltd
31 Bidavon Industrial Estate
Waterloo Road
Bidford on Avon
Warwickshire
B50 4JN

They offer lots of advice and services from, Tyres exhaust and onsite ECU mapping.

(no im not a salesman)

ExternalError
Friday 13th November 2015, 10:32
sounds good to me neal. Can we arrange it for after xmas maybe late feb early march time

JamesT5
Saturday 14th November 2015, 14:42
I'll bring the D5 this time round, see how it's doing after 18 months in my tender loving care. :D

LiamT4
Saturday 14th November 2015, 16:27
I'll bring the D5 this time round, see how it's doing after 18 months in my tender loving care. :D

Now you know how to use the gear positions/modes on your auto, maybe you should take that so you can get a more accurate reading.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 14th November 2015, 17:28
There is always EuroSpec2000 in Guildford:
http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/Dyno/Club-Dyno-Days-and-Packages/

foammanmark
Saturday 14th November 2015, 17:49
If it's on a Saturday, then I could be tempted to come down to this end of Jan onwards. After the uncertainty on the results at the Volvo v Saab day that we had, I'd like to run the R again.

JamesT5
Saturday 14th November 2015, 20:24
Now you know how to use the gear positions/modes on your auto, maybe you should take that so you can get a more accurate reading.

It's a possibility yes and there will be enough experts around to lend advice if need be.

foammanmark
Saturday 14th November 2015, 20:41
It's a possibility yes and there will be enough experts around to lend advice if need be.

So is that your R James that Liam refers to?

JamesT5
Saturday 14th November 2015, 21:00
So is that your R James that Liam refers to?

Yes, it was at Cosford for those who were there. It's estimated to be running about 230 at the crank, but then it is 18 years old.

foammanmark
Saturday 14th November 2015, 21:01
Yes, it was at Cosford for those who were there. It's estimated to be running about 230 at the crank, but then it is 18 years old.

OK, would be good to see how she compares with my fwd manual.

foammanmark
Sunday 15th November 2015, 17:19
So how are we deciding where and when with this dyno day.......a poll?

JamesT5
Sunday 15th November 2015, 17:20
To be honest, it's not running as I want it and the running gear needs an overhaul. Still, can't complain as I only paid £400 for it! :)

foammanmark
Sunday 15th November 2015, 17:27
To be honest, it's not running as I want it and the running gear needs an overhaul. Still, can't complain as I only paid £400 for it! :)

I'm not 100% sure that mine is had it should be either, but mine cost a lot more than yours. Anyway, what are we thinking on the when/where?

foammanmark
Saturday 21st November 2015, 20:20
Any news on this RR day............location/date?

martin_r_smith
Saturday 21st November 2015, 20:49
Think we need a poll on venue after some suggestions.

I'll start....

1. Btec Racing, OX7 6BQ

foammanmark
Saturday 21st November 2015, 21:07
I'm resigned to the fact that I'm travelling some distance, so if the venue above is close to the M40, then I'm in...........

don kalmar union
Saturday 21st November 2015, 21:09
Marlin Motor Engineers in Milton Keynes (Bletchley) or Powerstation in Tewkesbury.

Both have excellent modern installations and have been used before for Volvo meets.

Don.

martin_r_smith
Saturday 21st November 2015, 21:10
It's probably 30 mins from m40

1. Btec Racing, OX7 6BQ
2. Marlin Motor Engineers in Milton Keynes (Bletchley)
3. Powerstation in Tewkesbury.

JamesT5
Saturday 21st November 2015, 22:43
S Clarke Remapping, Llanelli (south Wales). That should put some of the Welsh road virgins to the test...."We're off to...Laa,Lu, Lan...I give up, but that place near Swansea." :)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 21st November 2015, 22:59
S Clarke Remapping, Llanelli (south Wales). That should put some of the Welsh road virgins to the test...."We're off to...Laa,Lu, Lan...I give up, but that place near Swansea." :)

oh so very central...ehh ??

stribo
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 00:25

I've been to Llanelli many times, my ex's Dad had a property there, and I know it's pronounced Clanethly. :P

The Flying Moose
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 01:18
Marlin would take my vote, slightly closer to east Anglia than all these brummy side meets.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 01:41
Marlin would take my vote, slightly closer to east Anglia than all these brummy side meets.

A good point Merlin, but it appears though my lengthy 30second research that the central point for all would be in Lancashire (Foamy will love that) according to the ordnance survey bods http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/blog/2012/01/where-is-the-centre-of-great-britain/

S70T5Chris
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 08:05
Marlin would get my vote. Maha dyno too.

Ettienne
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 08:19
Id go along with the Bletchley one be good to watch, have family relatively close so can pop in for a visit.

I'll use the local snap on Dyno and speak with rich about organising a run for the locals in southern area.

JamesT5
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 08:44
I can do Milton Keynes of course, I'll be bringing the D5 though as the R will cost me a tank of fuel there and back.

JamesT5
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 08:45
Powerstation in Tewksbury......is it Nuclear or Coal-fired? ;)

PNuT
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 11:36

http://www.silenaautomotive.co.uk/rollerDyno.html

would be better bearing in mind it must be next to beers of europe.....:B_thumb:

The Flying Moose
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 12:13
http://www.silenaautomotive.co.uk/rollerDyno.html

would be better bearing in mind it must be next to beers of europe.....:B_thumb:

Agreed! Dave walker at emerald is also in watton and I've used him before with Greg and Ben.

I've actually tried to find silen before and can't anywhere as I regularly pass beers of Europe and setchey.

PNuT
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 12:22
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.6993676,0.4183174,3a,75y,348.65h,65.38t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sskxga6MtWA_iMPLqnM1GxQ!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

foammanmark
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 17:42
A good point Merlin, but it appears though my lengthy 30second research that the central point for all would be in Lancashire (Foamy will love that) according to the ordnance survey bods http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/blog/2012/01/where-is-the-centre-of-great-britain/

Nice one Adrian, and that's my point when I tell people that I cover the whole UK for my job. I'm nice and central in sunny Lancs.

Saaamon
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 18:14
I'd be up for Milton Keynes.

foammanmark
Sunday 22nd November 2015, 18:36
Can someone raise a poll thread for the location of this cos I don't know how to do it tbh?

Costash
Friday 1st January 2016, 23:59
I will be happy to join a dyno day if is gonna go trough. Happy new year!!

Jamest5r
Saturday 2nd January 2016, 00:22
There may well be one sometime in 2016 but it won't be organised by James at a guess :)