PDA

View Full Version : Flappy paddles

Ettienne
Wednesday 21st October 2015, 20:46
Finally finished off fitting the paddles today. Just to link them up, which I've figured two options for, but I need to get the plugs that fit the paddles first.

They feel almost factory fitted, should have had them from Volvo.

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 21st October 2015, 22:24
Looks good..

kmb
Wednesday 21st October 2015, 22:58
That does look very smart :)

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 21st October 2015, 23:54
very good!

S70T5Chris
Thursday 22nd October 2015, 10:11
That looks really good. ££££ing fair play if you manage to get that functioning properly.

Ettienne
Thursday 22nd October 2015, 10:47
Working on that now, one way is soft ware and the other is hard wiring it in.

The autos at gburg with flappy paddles were very nice, nice to preselect a gear.

what is like it when stationary pull both levers and reverse is engaged.

Fully active paddles when in geartronic and active when not, so that if you flick down for example Over taking it will stay in that gear for 10 seconds before naturally going back into auto.

Ettienne
Thursday 22nd October 2015, 10:48
And they come in carbon fibre too :biggrin: but too expensive as it's just a project at moment.

Dream3r
Thursday 22nd October 2015, 19:21
If you have the manual wiring option go for that matey.

Ettienne
Sunday 25th October 2015, 17:58
I've had a brief look today and I'll be making up a diagrams for the wiring loom, I've got a lead on a local chap who can possibly write the soft ware or a chap in the states can do it.

I need to find a place that sells the Electrical connectors for the paddles before I buy some from Lexus or off a car in a scrappy.

So in theory this upgrade can be done to ANY p2 auto, with the software and wiring diagram