PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fitted different seats in a 940?

deeman
Tuesday 20th October 2015, 02:40
I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade at least my drivers seat for something a little more supportive for 'spirited driving'. I seem to remember reading somewhere sports seats from later models fit? how 'easy' is this? however ideally I would like to fit a bucket seat....does anyone know anyone who makes rails or subframe for such an installation or is it something I would have to get custom made? has anyone else fitted a bucket/s? any help appreciated and nice to see some pics if poss!!
Damo

barkster1971
Tuesday 12th April 2016, 20:12
The most comfy seats are V90 ones, they bolt straight in. My driving was spirited and they are nice and supportive.

beachcomber
Wednesday 13th April 2016, 08:31
The most comfy seats are V90 ones, they bolt straight in. My driving was spirited and they are nice and supportive.

Is that "bolt in" back and front ? I have two very small but very annoying marks on my fabric front seats and I was thinking of swapping out for leather anyway.

barkster1971
Wednesday 13th April 2016, 21:37
The "switch" on the back seats is different on the later cars than early 740 that have the pull on the back of the seat rather than the corner. You'd need the metal bits on the C pillar. Front seats bolt straight in. Have to watch the connectors for electric seats but easy to adapt .

deeman
Sunday 14th May 2017, 20:26
Haven't been around for a while!! I solved this problem by buying some rails from Kaplhenke. I have 2 Sparco revs waiting to go in...will report back with pics!