PDA

View Full Version : ABS fault

Dannyboy7
Thursday 15th October 2015, 19:31
I have an ABS fault and tracs light lit. Its on a V70 r and was Trying to follow the pins from the abs plug harness to isolate the problem by checking resistance on individual probes on the wheels. I was following a wiring chart found on a us sight but some of
The pins on mine where diffrent and my meter to be honest picked up nothing in terms of readings. So I need a obd11 reader which one is a good buy so I can read codes?
Thanks Dan

jamesy12345
Thursday 15th October 2015, 19:38
I have an ABS fault and tracs light lit. Its on a V70 r and was Trying to follow the pins from the abs plug harness to isolate the problem by checking resistance on individual probes on the wheels. I was following a wiring chart found on a us sight but some of
The pins on mine where diffrent and my meter to be honest picked up nothing in terms of readings. So I need a obd11 reader which one is a good buy so I can read codes?
Thanks Dan

Was it this site mate

https://www.midwest-abs.com/Troubleshooting.php

VOL FCR can do ABS module, could be soldering at fault within the unit itself rather than wiring/sensors?

http://www.ilexa.co.uk/diagnostic-tools/vol-fcr/38-vol-fcr-quick-guide.html

Redbrick
Thursday 15th October 2015, 20:56
That test worked well on mine, showed no problem. Double check the holes your sticking your probes in, it was a little confusing.

Guy on eBay fixes abs controllers , perfect fix on mine.

DIY LED code reader will not show ABS codes, VOL-FCR or volvo scan tool will.

Where are you? I have kit to read if needed.

Dannyboy7
Thursday 15th October 2015, 23:35
Hi yes it was that site re piccy. When I tested my wiring harness some of the connectors where missing I'd no spade ends in the holes where I wanted to test in higher numbers say 18 I will have to look again but I did do it inversely when plug was in my hand. But I'm sure some which I was expecting to be there wasn't. My brother has an obd11 tester at work which covers abs faults, will this be ok. I am in Waltham abbey well the car is. Many thanks for trying to help.
Dan

Dannyboy7
Thursday 15th October 2015, 23:47
By looking at that picture I can see my error as there some numbers that skip and don't follow numeroglically. I'll try again tmrw and get back.
Dan

AAnickmac
Saturday 17th October 2015, 18:15
I have same intermittent fault on my C70. I read it with my bosch kts570 and it always comes up with a speed sensor fault.

foammanmark
Saturday 17th October 2015, 18:53
I have same intermittent fault on my C70. I read it with my bosch kts570 and it always comes up with a speed sensor fault.

I also have an intermittent ABS fault on my me7 C70, and today the EML light also came on. The ABS light only appears after a bit of welly, but always goes out after the car has been switched off and on again. I pulled fuse 8 in the main fuse box which seems to have put the EML light for the time being...............

Orca2
Saturday 17th October 2015, 18:55
Check your abs rings for cracks , they open up more on hard acceleration.

foammanmark
Saturday 17th October 2015, 19:04

Thanks for the tip and I shall do just that. The car also parks up for long periods which I don't think helps............

Orca2
Saturday 17th October 2015, 19:25
Its very common, corrosion builds up under the rings , a hairline crack appears and the sensors pick it up when you boot it.
I got new ones for about £1.70 from j&r driveshafts online , buy a few as the other one wont be far behind. Service at J&R is very good.

foammanmark
Saturday 17th October 2015, 19:34
Let you know how I go on when I take a look w/c 26/10 as I'm off work then.

foammanmark
Saturday 17th October 2015, 21:04
Let you know how I go on when I take a look w/c 26/10 as I'm off work then.

Sod that, the weather's that good at the moment that I should do this tomorrow..............

foammanmark
Saturday 24th October 2015, 13:13
Booked the C70 in at Readview on Monday to have the abs rings changed. Let you know if that cure's the issue. I could have messed myself, but would rather they do this for the minimal cost involved.

foammanmark
Tuesday 27th October 2015, 14:32

So it was my rings which were very badly corroded and both cracked. Sorted for £60 so I'm happy..............

Dannyboy7
Friday 6th November 2015, 13:38
Hi, so fari have cleaned all rings but cant find any cracking. Sensors all put out correct resistance but havnt checked the voltage on spinning wheells etc. Soneone couldnt read My codes so what im asking is has anyone had a fault where the ABS lightsaft disappeared After moving off and statys off and then proceeded to resolder their joints on the ABS brain and it dissapeared? As this is what im aiming for ? Dan ta