PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh! Loss of power

expolicev70t5
Monday 5th October 2015, 09:51
About a week and a half ago I had a brand new Turbo fitted from AET turbo's, car has run sweet from York all way down to Hastings and back, a few trips from home to Scarborough with no problems then suddenly this morning after a good blast along duel carriageway I went onto single carriageway road and when I then put my foot on accelerator there was just no power, at first I thought it was mat that had got stuck under pedal stopping me pressing it but no!
I seem to have no power even from low revs very sluggish. There aren't any warning lights on dash so I am a bit baffled as to what is wrong.

Any one got any ideas??

jamesy12345
Monday 5th October 2015, 11:34
Just a daft one has a line split or blown off to/from actuator & TCV..?

jdavis
Monday 5th October 2015, 13:44
sounds like a hose off to me

expolicev70t5
Monday 5th October 2015, 16:42
Just a daft one has a line split or blown off to/from actuator & TCV..?

Had a look at TCV and all seems to be connected as this was my first thought too

expolicev70t5
Monday 5th October 2015, 16:44
sounds like a hose off to me

Not had a proper chance to have a good look as heavy rain, but will have a good luck tonight see if I can spot anything obvious

expolicev70t5
Monday 5th October 2015, 20:45
Well I have had a look but can't see any loose pipes car is just so sluggish guess it's back to garage.

claymore
Monday 5th October 2015, 20:52
I would guess at the turbo to top pipe hose having a split in it.

expolicev70t5
Monday 5th October 2015, 21:15
Is that the rubber pipe coupling connecting turbo to pipe over rocker cover?

claymore
Monday 5th October 2015, 21:21
Is that the rubber pipe coupling connecting turbo to pipe over rocker cover?
yep

expolicev70t5
Tuesday 6th October 2015, 06:42
Thanks claymore will have a look

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 6th October 2015, 20:51
How old is the downpipe, could the cat have collapsed, it did in mine and killed the power straight away, I found it by popping the dp of the turbo and a quick blast up the road to find the power was back, dropped the dp off and knocked the remains of the cat out of the dp and all good again. so if you can't find any other reason for your power loss, it is only 3 nuts to pop it off to check.hope this helps if all else fails.

expolicev70t5
Tuesday 6th October 2015, 21:26
How old is the downpipe, could the cat have collapsed, it did in mine and killed the power straight away, I found it by popping the dp of the turbo and a quick blast up the road to find the power was back, dropped the dp off and knocked the remains of the cat out of the dp and all good again. so if you can't find any other reason for your power loss, it is only 3 nuts to pop it off to check.hope this helps if all else fails.

Down pipe and 100 cell cat are about 18 months to 2 years GWE one. All looks ok and has just been removed to fit brand new turbo

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 6th October 2015, 22:41
Down pipe and 100 cell cat are about 18 months to 2 years GWE one. All looks ok and has just been removed to fit brand new turbo

should be fine then if it was original then I would be wary, as mine collapse with no real warning, but it had done over 200,000 miles so can't fault it really.

expolicev70t5
Thursday 8th October 2015, 20:34
Well after 3.5 days of no power and being gutless where even the pedal felt heavy to press. I couldn't find any leaks so booked it in garage for them to have a look on Saturday morning. I was virtually home tonight and went around Local roundabout and all of a sudden all power came back and car took off. So I am a little dumbfounded as to what had caused the issue. All power restored as quickly as it went. It was strange as steering and acellerater all felt quite heavy and numb while it had no power and as soon as power came back throttle and steering all feel light again. Any ideas