PDA

View Full Version : 850/X70 intake manifold design

claymore
Sunday 4th October 2015, 12:39
Right then, if you are designing the boost pipe system from scratch how would you do it, this thread is prompted by the design of my new intake manifold and recently Robs manifold, I have the throttle body on the opposite side to the standard TB placement. so basically you can have your intercooler intake and outlet wherever you like, how would you do yours?

MoleT-5R
Monday 5th October 2015, 05:12
will you also be running the supercharger ??, as going buy your pics you are almost back to the standard route I.e using the top port on the ic but then running straight back into the tb and the manifold, looks nice and uncomplicated there, but that's the simple bit, I'm not sure how you normally connected the charger and the turbo, but I'm assuming the pipe work will come over the engine of the turbo and down to the supercharger, then back across to the bottom ic port (assuming it is similar to standard)

claymore
Monday 5th October 2015, 07:42
Actually, this is what prompted the question, as I'm putting the throttle body back on the manifold and not before the supercharger, I could just as easily gone the more conventional throttle body location, but I didn't think about it untill I was well into making the new manifold, but actually I think this is the better route anyway, after all it's the way Volvo do it on the later cars.