PDA

View Full Version : temperature going crazy help?

mr marshalltown
Saturday 26th September 2015, 01:43
Hi does anyone know what would cause my temp guage to go from normal to hot which cuts the turbo off then back to normal after a couple minuites then back to hot for a while then back to normal and so on when i first noticed it i thought oh no iv cooked the enginge and stopped to let it cool down and then set off again thinking oh well if she blows she blows but no she seems to run just fine until temp guage goes up and cuts the turbo off before shortly returning to normal then turbo kicks back in any ideas would be much appreciated thanks

stribo
Saturday 26th September 2015, 07:26
Hi does anyone know what would cause my temp guage to go from normal to hot which cuts the turbo off then back to normal after a couple minuites then back to hot for a while then back to normal and so on when i first noticed it i thought oh no iv cooked the enginge and stopped to let it cool down and then set off again thinking oh well if she blows she blows but no she seems to run just fine until temp guage goes up and cuts the turbo off before shortly returning to normal then turbo kicks back in any ideas would be much appreciated thanks

Sounds like the temperature sender is playing up.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 26th September 2015, 12:10
Could be the thermostat is stuck closed which is not letting the radiator do its job. Do you know when it was changed last?

mr marshalltown
Friday 2nd October 2015, 22:59
Thanks for your ideas I was thinking along the same lines don't know when or if the thermostat has been changed to be honest I haven't had anytime to have a look at either yet when I do get chance will there be any tell tale signs I should look for someone mentioned it might be the head gasket I really hope not I had a quick look in the coolant for any oil and can't see any milky colour on oil filler cap

mr marshalltown
Friday 2nd October 2015, 23:08
To be honest I'm half tempted to just break her for spares or use her as a donor car rather than mess about with it as her body work is pretty rough now it would just be a shame to though as she doesn't have a lot going for her and these days manual 855 t5s are pretty hard to come by

mr marshalltown
Friday 2nd October 2015, 23:11
I meant She still has a lot going for her
bloody predictive txt lol