PDA

View Full Version : Heated seat problems

Roo
Wednesday 30th November 2005, 09:40
The heated seats in my 854 have stopped working recently as did the electric mirrors so first point to check was the fuse. It had blown so i replaced and checked the mirrors- working fine but as soon as i tried the seats, the fuse popped again. Any ideas of where to look before i start pulling the car apart?

Goof
Wednesday 30th November 2005, 10:53
First off, have the seats been modded under the Volvo re-call?
Check with your local Volvo dealer - they'll need to know the original reg no. to check their system, and whilst they're doing that ask them to update your name & address.
The heated seat re-call is (was?) free, and takes about 1 hour.

bradders
Wednesday 30th November 2005, 11:08
Why were the seats recalled??
Mine dont work at all but the mirrors do.

Goof
Wednesday 30th November 2005, 11:13
From memory I think it was safety issue - getting too hot, could cause serious burns to your ar5e when they caught fire! ;)

Roo
Friday 2nd December 2005, 10:19
First off, have the seats been modded under the Volvo re-call?
Check with your local Volvo dealer - they'll need to know the original reg no. to check their system, and whilst they're doing that ask them to update your name & address.
The heated seat re-call is (was?) free, and takes about 1 hour.

Yes had the seat recall done last year when it was first announced. I'll update my details next time i'm at the (hopeless) local dealer.
So does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing the problem?

madness
Friday 2nd December 2005, 22:37
we remove the thermostat and fit a timer to the heaters.
think its 96 and 97 850's included.
only thing we cant understand is although i have heard of it happening, surely you've got to be asleep to not notice the seat is actually burning your aR$e??????????

i would suggest if the fuse has gone to look at the heated pads for a short. undo connector below seat and test for continuity.