PDA

View Full Version : HELP...... 850 deadlocks

oblark
Sunday 30th August 2015, 12:57
I can't open either of the passengers side doors.

I have no remote for the car and the only door with a lock is the tailgate.

The car was locked yesterday by pushing the botton down on the drivers door, this locked all the doors apart from the boot which was locked with a key.

I unlocked the car this morning by unlocking the boot, climbing throu to unlock the drivers side rear door then the drivers door.
I've fitted a lock to the drivers door now but that will only lock/unlock the drivers door.

How do I get the passengers side doors to open ?????

The disc cutter is ready if all else fails.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 30th August 2015, 13:29
With you ECU can you not reprogram a fob to work?
I think breaking deadlocks needs a key, but maybe seat out and door cards off

Interesting that both passengers are not working. Coincidence or broken wiring?

oblark
Sunday 30th August 2015, 14:01
With you ECU can you not reprogram a fob to work?
I think breaking deadlocks needs a key, but maybe seat out and door cards off

Interesting that both passengers are not working. Coincidence or broken wiring?

Or a 9" disc cutter.

oblark
Sunday 30th August 2015, 18:20
After a afternoon of in car acrobatics I manged to get the door cards off.

The rear door was just a case a lifting the central locking actuator arm up and with a bit of WD40 it works fine.

The passengers front door was a bit of a battle to lift the actuator arm but after a while the door was unlocked.

With the doors open and the striker arms pushed in as if the door was shut it was the passengers front door actuator that is causing the problem. With both the passengers side doors actuators disconnected electrically the doors can be locked and unlocked from the inside.

Just need to pop down to the 850 store and get a passengers front door lock.

Shinsplintz 101
Sunday 30th August 2015, 20:22
Good fun getting the rear doorcards off whilst the doors are locked shut eh!?! Just had to do it on the old man's 850 to replace the n/s lock unit. Pain in the derriere. Glad you got it sorted without having to resort to the grinder :)

oblark
Monday 31st August 2015, 13:59
Well I fitted the replacemnet front passengers door lock, locked the car and all doors locked, went to unlock it and the only door to unlock was the drivers door, all the other doors where lock and wouldn't open.

I forced the central locking actuator on the front passengers up and all the locked doors unlocked. So the drivers lock will lock the car and when unlocked it only unlocks the drivers door. To unlock the rest of the car the passengers lock needs to be activated. So I removed the lock from the drivers door and fitted to it to the passengers door and bingo I can now lock and unlock the car with a key in the passengers door.

Weird why it wont work on the drivers door.

Shinsplintz 101
Monday 31st August 2015, 14:16
The plot thickens.....got to love Volvo....they either work very well or are a complete pain!