PDA

View Full Version : 2.0d what to look for

jimmyc
Wednesday 19th August 2015, 21:29
hi guys long time, see sites modernised un like me lol, still got my 02 v70 d5 ,still going strong at 215,000 miles ,but the time has come to modernise, wanted the d3 but price a little up , so going for the 2.0d v70 on 09 plate, is there anything I should look for in this model ??, im sure theres enough umph to pull caravan ,surfed the caravanning sites,theres 1 on ebay but it looks jacked up at back,just like when the police have finished with them ,is this just upgraded suspension ??the seller says its not x police , looking at 1 around 146 000 miles but seen them on 225000,so not too worried abaout mileage , any advice really appreciated jim

Timo.
Thursday 20th August 2015, 10:01
Funnily enough I have a 2009 V70 2.0D R design. It broke down on the motorway with the Wife the other week. Just lots power and coasted to a stop......

The cause, most likely cambelt tensioner, which stripped the cambelt, snapped the camshaft and wrecked everything inside.

Still waiting for the second hand engine I've bought to be put in it.

It only had 132k on it. I would recommend changing the cambelt sooner than the 150k in the manual.

I have a V50 with the 2.0D engine too. Its on 151k but its had it cambelt done.

jimmyc
Thursday 20th August 2015, 15:52
hi timo, will do ,I read your post earlier in week, real bad news pal, I was chatting to a bloke other day at fords who was advertising a v70 and he was saying that its the same engine as whats in a focus ???? anyway good to hear you got a engine,got my eye on a few at moment but waiting for that real bargain, I would prefer the d3 but up in price at moment, fingers crossed

Timo.
Thursday 20th August 2015, 19:52
Its a "PSA group" engine. A Peugeot/Citroen mish mash.

I found it very torquey in the V70 but lack much punch further up the rev range. Its torque at low end is only a smidge behind the D5.

I got it for the alleged fuel economy. The best I've managed was 44. Unfortunately its the Wife's family run around car so it rarely gets mileage that good.

If I was given the choice again I'd at least go with a d3. You could look for the 2.4D (old D5 version). It a big car. :)

Blackdog
Thursday 20th August 2015, 20:00
Personally I think you have hit the nail on the head there.

The fifth cylinder.

jimmyc
Saturday 22nd August 2015, 18:34
hi fancied the d3 but theres a big difference on price , my mate had the 08 d5 and he was struggling to get the mpg, I think 10 plate up are better on economy but again its the price,some nice design r,s on 9 plates for around 5500 ,so think im gonna give that a try, but got a couple of weeks before a purchase ,so hopeing a d3 comes on cheap enough, its really tempting to buy the d5 on 08 plate for 3 grand but id be gutted with fuel consumption

jimmyc
Sunday 4th October 2015, 20:11
hi bought a v70 2.0d lovely car,pulled caravan no problems,im struggling uploading pics but will try,its running 129.000 miles but sounds and drives sweet,well well impressed