PDA

View Full Version : WICKED sound system but CD player pants

Tee5alive
Tuesday 18th August 2015, 20:57
The sound system installed in my P2 T5 SE is amazing but the other day I bunged some CD's in and it keeps stopping and starting. Is there a way to fit a non original player without ruining the look of the dash as I have a built in phone and its all nice and shiny! I dont want it looking like some chavs weekend project or is the only option to fit an OEM player?? Aslo looking for the right RTI disc to run my sat nav - so far bought 2 off ebay and neither work :(

Harvey
Tuesday 18th August 2015, 21:03
Do you have a smartphone if so..

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?35950-iMIV-Ipod-adaptor&highlight=imiv

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?44900-Just-installed-a-Grom-IPD-3&highlight=grom

Tee5alive
Tuesday 18th August 2015, 21:16
I have GOT to get an iMIV!!! thanks

just found them on ebay from Germany!

OOOOH so I assume the one 'MIT RTi' has sat nav?? Wonder how that works then ??

Harvey
Tuesday 18th August 2015, 21:40
Have a look at this link should give you a better idea what it can do.

http://www.volvotech.eu/Audio

Tee5alive
Tuesday 18th August 2015, 21:49
Cheers Harvey
is there any way I can get the RTI system working at all for navigation?

Harvey
Tuesday 18th August 2015, 22:03
The RTi is a stand alone system from the audio side of things.

What does the RTi do at the moment ,does the drive drive led light up, screen move any message on screen.

Tee5alive
Wednesday 19th August 2015, 06:22
Yes I have bought 2 discs all saying YES they defo work in MY 2001 - but dont! It pops the screen up and the drive LEDS light up but screen says
"this disc cannot be read contact your expensive Volvo dealer blah blah"
The last one I bought was slightly better as it actually brought up the VOLVO RTi WELCOME screen then before I could blink it had hidden back in the dash! Popped it up again and same old "cant read disc" - checked disc was clean etc. I HAVE seen one that I think is right and its CD NOT DVD as apparently it doesnt like DVD in this MY? But its lots of dosh so it can wait

Tee5alive
Thursday 20th August 2015, 10:10
Think I'll be tearing the back out of the car at the w/e to check for an install spot! Might actually just trash EVERYTHING except the front seats - WEIGHT!!! Dont want it not hauling kids or Labradors anymore so might do some 'lightening' ;)

That will please the g/f having her posh heels on a chequer plate floor hahhaha

Orca2
Thursday 20th August 2015, 12:17
See that's where you are going wrong right there mate . The heel marks should be in the headlining

Tee5alive
Thursday 20th August 2015, 18:50
See that's where you are going wrong right there mate . The heel marks should be in the headlining

hahahaha ahh OK :B_thumb:

Tee5alive
Thursday 24th March 2016, 20:39
can anyone point me to the RTi iMIV package that doesnt cost the earth please? My head unit is chopped lived so I have to cover thousands of miles with NO SOUNDS and the V70 has a superb sound system........ RADIO ONLY AAAARGH

OR can anyone let me have a left over HU-803 head unit that the CD WORKS on please that may be in the loft/ garage?? Willing to play a fair price :) thanks

Harvey
Thursday 24th March 2016, 21:17
I might have just the thing....

where are you this weekend down south ?

Tee5alive
Thursday 31st March 2016, 08:56
I might have just the thing....

where are you this weekend down south ?

Sorry mate only just got online and read this, back home Monday so i,ll give you a bell . Will also give me an excuse to see your car!