PDA

View Full Version : engine,starting problems.

sizzler
Thursday 10th February 2005, 13:09
Please ,Please , help!!! I want to buy my Dads T5 but at the moment it has some problems the first is it cuts out dead whilst you are going along the road the second is that when you turn the key sometimes nothing happens at all, it has been into volve 5 times and they say they cant find the faults they have changed quite a few things but i was hoping someone on this website might of heard of this happening before somewhere, it has been going into volvo for its services but these problems are causing a lot of mental greef. I hope I can cure them because i love driving the car .Thanks for ANY help sizzler.

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 13:18
Hi sizzler

My first thought is the Cam Position sensor.

Do you know id this has been changed lately, saying that I think it was Pedro that had a faulty on and got a replacment only to fit it and find that faulty too. I dont think its megga expensive so might be worth checking that first.

Also have you checked to see if you have any fault coded ?

And thirdly I have a few more details of the car i.e. model, year etc.

Have no fear Bracers here. Sorry I know thats terrable :rolleyes:

sizzler
Thursday 10th February 2005, 14:51
It was great to get a reply from you ,here are a few more details of the car,its a green volvo estate T5 auto 850 cd 1st reg May 1995 123,000 miles and most of the time is a sweet runner!

chriskay
Friday 11th February 2005, 00:03
Hi, Sizzler, sorry, I can't be any help with your problem; just to say I'll be passing thru' Duxford village on Monday afternoon. (Sorry, that's totally irrelevant isn't it).
Cheers, Chris.

Ivan
Friday 11th February 2005, 20:42
Yep Bracer,

Sounds like the cam position sensor I had go on me. I had a few weeks where one moment it completely refused to fire, no sparks, just lifeless turning - then the next it fires up quite cheerfully.

- something to do with the ECU not getting a signal that the cam was turning, and therefore not bothering to put some zap to the sparkies.

If finally, conked out on me at a Petrol-statio...refused to start after filling up. I Had to get the old man and his 240 to tow me out - much to his delight.