PDA

View Full Version : Track evening Teesside 21st Sept

jamesy12345
Tuesday 11th August 2015, 11:10
Assuming nothing is burst at York....

Car Track Evening
Teesside Autodrome
South Tees Motor Sports Motor Sports Park Dormor Way, South Bank, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland TS6 6XH

Sep 21 17:00 to 20:00
Car track evenings will run fortnightly from February to September then monthly.

5-8pm
£35.00 per car
£20.00 additional drivers
£10.00 passengers
60 places
Open pit lane maximum 16 cars on track at one time

Pre booking is available via PayPal (see Facebook for up to date payment information this will be changing soon).

I'm not on Facepalm but here is a link anyway:

www.facebook.com/Teesside Track Club 29420

http://teessideautodrome.co.uk/

Looks a bit like this...

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/images/tracks/teesside-autodrome/main/teesside-autodrome.jpg

Dan H
Sunday 16th August 2015, 18:55
Might have pop along on the way home from work :)
I seen your car at Rent - A - Ramp on the a66 a few weeks ago, looks awesome from the a66 as you go past

jamesy12345
Sunday 16th August 2015, 19:19
Might have pop along on the way home from work :)
I seen your car at Rent - A - Ramp on the a66 a few weeks ago, looks awesome from the a66 as you go past

That's me mate, if the gates are open & my car is there stick your head in for a cup of tea & a bacon buttie (praise the lard)

Otherwise hopefully catch you on the 21st

twr
Sunday 16th August 2015, 19:22
Think I may have to pop over to have a nosey at this.

jamesy12345
Sunday 16th August 2015, 19:25
Think I may have to pop over to have a nosey at this.

Oh St Helens Auckland? I thought you were miles away for some reason. I'm from Wheatley Hill

Hope you can make it sir, there will be some Renault types there also...one of whom has a GT Turbo engined Extra van, although I'm not sure if it is up & running atm

twr
Sunday 16th August 2015, 19:58
No lol Saint Helens merseyside, I have family up your way though.

foammanmark
Sunday 16th August 2015, 20:01
Jamesy, I will have that week off work and make it to this track evening. Look forward to meeting you!!

jamesy12345
Sunday 16th August 2015, 21:50
No lol Saint Helens merseyside, I have family up your way though.

aa knew I had heard of another St Helens...so probably 'Wheatley Hill' means nowt to no one :)

Jamesy, I will have that week off work and make it to this track evening. Look forward to meeting you!!

Nice one Mark I'll look forward to it!

What will everyone be driving then? As above I'll be at York the day before, probably in the Pork Chop Express (the S70 at the bottom of this post), but maybe I can whip the R5 out for the evening. The S70 is no slouch on the track though - enough power to make things interesting

Doingitsideways
Wednesday 19th August 2015, 21:23
so probably 'Wheatley Hill' means nowt to no one :(

Feckin does to me, I've been up there so many times!

Looks like a good craic, that.
Sadly, I seriously doubt I'll be able/allowed to get there.
Plus, I am currenlty is posession of many things with torque converters - not really suited to the track :(

jamesy12345
Wednesday 19th August 2015, 21:26
Feckin does to me, I've been up there so many times!

Looks like a good craic, that.
Sadly, I seriously doubt I'll be able/allowed to get there.
Plus, I am currenlty is posession of many things with torque converters - not really suited to the track :(

the Shark has been round Harewood Hillclimb...it did alright

Doingitsideways
Wednesday 19th August 2015, 23:45
the Shark has been round Harewood Hillclimb...it did alright

Until you turned it into a lawnmower!

:lol:

Looks a good little track that too.
I'd serioisly need to sort the handling on The Shark before anything like that though. It shats itself when you show it a corner at the moment. Just generally worn out I think.

Seriously hope to get Ray the 460 sorted with a manual 'box and half decent suspension for some track action next year.

foammanmark
Thursday 20th August 2015, 16:11
aa knew I had heard of another St Helens...so probably 'Wheatley Hill' means nowt to no one :)

Nice one Mark I'll look forward to it!

What will everyone be driving then? As above I'll be at York the day before, probably in the Pork Chop Express (the S70 at the bottom of this post), but maybe I can whip the R5 out for the evening. The S70 is no slouch on the track though - enough power to make things interesting

Right, subject to my Alfa's MOT tomorrow, after my wife's has just cost £853 to get hers through it's MOT(I suggested scrapping it but no chance of that), then I will try my best to make it. Would be Nautic if I make it. Let you know asap for sure.

jamesy12345
Thursday 10th September 2015, 10:52
Wop

//edit

:lol: just realised Southbank is where the R5 was dumped after being stolen...I'll be driving it back there :D

Dan H
Thursday 17th September 2015, 13:28
That's me mate, if the gates are open & my car is there stick your head in for a cup of tea & a bacon buttie (praise the lard)

Otherwise hopefully catch you on the 21st

I'll keep an eye out when I'm out and about, I'm actually at the Track during the day with my mate at the Drifting so I'll hang about once we've sorted the drifter out, the volvo will be parked in the pit lane

jamesy12345
Thursday 17th September 2015, 13:32
I'll keep an eye out when I'm out and about, I'm actually at the Track during the day with my mate at the Drifting so I'll hang about once we've sorted the drifter out, the volvo will be parked in the pit lane

OK mate I'll keep an eye out for any Volvos on the Monday night

but RentaRamp got broken into & the contents emptied so I am afraid that offer of a bacon sarnie there is not possible more's the pity

Dan H
Thursday 17th September 2015, 18:50
Yeah I heard about that being broken into. Your Renault 5 was in there wasn't it? Glad to hear you got it back though, absolute scumbags that done that, Can't have anything these days.

jamesy12345
Thursday 17th September 2015, 18:59
Yeah I heard about that being broken into. Your Renault 5 was in there wasn't it? Glad to hear you got it back though, absolute scumbags that done that, Can't have anything these days.

It was fella, some nice chaps took it for a run out :lol: no real harm done. Cheers, me too!!

jamesy12345
Monday 21st September 2015, 11:50
Bump..

....even though it is pissing down here

I still missing a n/s/r light cluster for the Renault, so S70 it is

kmb
Monday 21st September 2015, 12:26
Have fun on this chaps, looking forward to a couple of tales and/or pictures.

jamesy12345
Monday 21st September 2015, 18:34
Have fun on this chaps, looking forward to a couple of tales and/or pictures.

Cheers fella, but I went down there just now & it was cancelled - apparently announced on facebook?? Just caught the end of the drifting...looks like fun!!

More non-Volvo content :) although there was a teal 855 in the pits - maybe Dan H?

Dan H
Monday 21st September 2015, 22:37
Was my Tourquouse v70 hiding in the pits ;)
I Coughton a quick glimpse of your s70r in the car park while I was wondering about.
Shame it got cancelled like, was looking forward to it!
I was out with my mate in the dark blue 5 series that had white front wheels

jamesy12345
Tuesday 22nd September 2015, 09:31
Was my Tourquouse v70 hiding in the pits ;)
I Coughton a quick glimpse of your s70r in the car park while I was wondering about.
Shame it got cancelled like, was looking forward to it!
I was out with my mate in the dark blue 5 series that had white front wheels

The Alpina badged one? Nice, looked like fun!!

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29702&d=1442856935

I thought it might be you but didn't see anyone near the car & didn't stay too long. Hopefully catch you next time

Dan H
Tuesday 22nd September 2015, 09:50
Yeah that's the one, was a lot of fun, span out a lot of times though because of the weather

jamesy12345
Tuesday 22nd September 2015, 10:31
Yeah that's the one, was a lot of fun, span out a lot of times though because of the weather

yes I saw that - plenty of run off or tyres though so no harm done I hope

Dan H
Tuesday 22nd September 2015, 16:56
Aye! One of the guys span off twice and binned it into some of the tyres and then ended up in a hedge on the back of the West track near the back ��..
Have to let me know when you're next up dude, try and sort out a few of the guys from around this area to meet up.