PDA

View Full Version : Turbo chatter.....

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 12:31
Why does Steve's turbo chatter??? Its sounds fabulous but not sure whether its a good thing or a bad thing??

Just interested to know why for future reference I guess.

x

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 12:47
Is it WG chatter or the compressor fins cutting into the compressed air rushing back to the turbo when the throttle is closed, like I had ?

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 12:54
Pardon????

Hit boost and take foot off loud pedal get turbo cahtter and a bit off popping out the back!

x

Justin
Thursday 10th February 2005, 12:55
Someone has blanked off the recirc valve

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 12:56
Since when???

x

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 13:08
Has he a BOV then ?

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 13:13
Nope!!

x

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 13:20
Then its the compressor fins cutting into the compressed air rushing back to the turbo when the throttle is closed.

WHICH IS BAD, VERY BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 13:37
Seems to have survived like it for the last 6 months!

x

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 13:51
What happens when the pressurised air forces back onto the compressor turbine it that it causes stall and tries to stop it spinning which put a massive load on the internals of the turbo which at boost will be spinning at over 30,000 rpm's.
The load can snap the impeller shaft and / or drive the shaft off center killing the bearing. So much so that the Compressor wheel can actually hit the compressor housing causing the blades to shatter and sending millions of pieces of shrapnel into the engine which can cause lost of damage there too.

If you can I would love to have a chat with Steve about his setup, to ensure that we have not over looked something he had done.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 14:04
He hasn't touched the car since he bought it (engine wise anyway) However, VT did say that whoever TME'd his car didn't do a particularly good job. I do wonder whether someone has been playing with her before he bought her......

x

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 14:06
Sounds very much like it had a DV on it, and which it should still have if its got the CBV blanked off.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 14:11
PM me your number babe and I'll get Steve to ring you!

x

Justin
Thursday 10th February 2005, 15:46
FFS ive been telling you both the same thing for the past 6 months :rolleyes:

Mrsmopp
Thursday 10th February 2005, 15:47
Not according to our last conversation about it J!!! Keep your hair on stroppy!! :rolleyes:

x

Bracer
Thursday 10th February 2005, 16:35
FFS ive been telling you both the same thing for the past 6 months :rolleyes:

Sorry J did you mean telling Nat and Me or Nat and Steve :crazy:

Justin
Thursday 10th February 2005, 19:56
I said to Nat and Steve that chatter was not good, i also said for some reason the only explanation is that the recirc valve has been removed and that it has been blanked off, probably cos someone had fitted a DV at some point.

My hair is on moppy, but if you dont listen what can i say :)

Mrsmopp
Friday 11th February 2005, 11:39
Right then shirty I will quote you from our last conversation about it!!! :rolleyes:

" I dunno why Billie does it but its sounds fab!!!"

Now can you stop "FFSing" me!!!

x

Bracer
Friday 11th February 2005, 11:59
Play nicely children :hidesbehi