PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 cat and suitcase delete + cherry (pro) bomb exhaust... Thoughts ?

bunka T5
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 12:25
As per title, just curious as to what to expect from that kind of modification ?

96' 850 T5 auto rica 304map

Cheers

kmb
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 12:34
A lot of noise I'd guess? :lol:

Mine has a stainless exhaust from cat back with only the middle box and deleted back box, sounds very nice, not too droney or loud.

bunka T5
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 12:47
You say you have a cat, and previously a middle box AND a back box ? My t5 I believe came with - Cat, Suitecase box and that is it ? I currently have a decat and suitcase box and it sounds pretty stock.. Deleting that and replacing with just a cherry bomb on the end would be THAT loud ? (maybe stick a baffle in it or something, do they work ?)

kmb
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 12:56
You say you have a cat, and previously a middle box AND a back box ? My t5 I believe came with - Cat, Suitecase box and that is it ? I currently have a decat and suitcase box and it sounds pretty stock.. Deleting that and replacing with just a cherry bomb on the end would be THAT loud ? (maybe stick a baffle in it or something, do they work ?)

In fact I've assumed I had a back box, middle suitcase and cat - the stainless exhaust was fitted by my buddy (the previous car's owner) a month before I bought it from him, maybe it never originally had a back box?

I don't actually know what is standard for a '96 850 T5?

bunka T5
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 13:07
As far as I'm aware the exhaust setup (from the cat onwards) looks like this as standard - http://media.skandix.de/eimg/2000334.jpg

kmb
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 13:18
As far as I'm aware the exhaust setup (from the cat onwards) looks like this as standard - http://media.skandix.de/eimg/2000334.jpg

I looked underneath and saw a big cut out area for a back box with a single straight tailpipe running through, maybe that's just because the same floor and underbody plan covers all models and some have the back box?

Interesting stuff :)

c70geoff
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 13:20
i went for a cat back custom system on my c70 and its not to noisy and doesnt drown out the 5 cyl noise up front until u put ur foot down and was very good price

plus go to the right guy and u can custimise look and sound
will be doing same on 850 t5

bunka T5
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 13:24
I dont suppose you can get some snaps of this setup you have ? I'm having trouble visualising it! Cheers

bunka T5
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 13:26
i went for a cat back custom system on my c70 and its not to noisy and doesnt drown out the 5 cyl noise up front until u put ur foot down and was very good price

plus go to the right guy and u can custimise look and sound
will be doing same on 850 t5

This will be the plan... eventually.. Thing is my current system is blowing and just want to have a nicer sound on the cheap while I spent money on more important repairs, yes I should be patient but there is no harm in experimenting to see the outcome and then giving ideas to other people interested in modifications to their setup on the cheap

stribo
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 13:28
I've got a Ferrita downpipe with sports cat, and Ferrita cat back system, sounds rumbly, but doesn't drone.

bunka T5
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 13:35
I've got a Ferrita downpipe with sports cat, and Ferrita cat back system, sounds rumbly, but doesn't drone. How much did that cost you ?

stribo
Wednesday 5th August 2015, 18:42
I got it off a C70 that was being broken, got it for £450, if you speak to Don at Kalmar Union, he may be able to do you a deal. ;)