PDA

View Full Version : Headlight bulb replacement

cherry1809
Thursday 30th July 2015, 07:44
Has anyone tried LED instead of HID? Seem to be some good bulbs around now, but is there any issue with throwing the fault light?

mhon72
Monday 19th October 2015, 16:21
Problem with LED replacements is they can produce a very white light but are unable to have the range of xenon or even halogen bulbs as the headlight housing and lens will not have been designed for LEDs.
Also need to be careful as LEDs are prone to overheating and could fry the wiring.

cherry1809
Monday 19th October 2015, 22:07
Forgot about this! I decided against them. Had a Mini One with them and it failed the MOT with them.
Absolutely bugger all light and no pattern given off.

Biff
Monday 19th October 2015, 22:47
I had 80w Cree in my Saab. They weren't the best if I'm honest.
I'm thinking of trying hid now tbh.
I've got 80w fog light bulbs & think they will suffice but as a headlight it's not worth your money.

LeeT5
Thursday 22nd October 2015, 21:08
I'll be trying these soon for my Full beam....

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterior-leds/cree-led-headlights/h7-led-headlights-headlamps/h7-cree-led-headlight-kit-g4

Early indications reveal they are brighter than (in most cases - depends on the light reflector) HID's and without a shadow of doubt, they blow stock bulbs out the water!

cherry1809
Saturday 24th October 2015, 11:55
Think they have these in my local Indy. Will double check, but sure they're only about £50 a side.