PDA

View Full Version : Boost cutting on wide open throttle

jimka
Monday 27th July 2015, 21:25
Hi Guys. My 97' V70R passed its MOT today so happily driving around. :)

One thing I did notice is under WOT, it sounds like a BOV going off when the boost builds and the engine cuts back. Def sounds like a boost leak. I've ordered a new TCV as the one on it is rank and started fitting new 3 and 4mm silicone lines.

Whilst fitting I noticed the plastic pipe from MAF to turbo intake looks shagged - I'm trying to find a silicon one online... anyone point me in right direction? Also looking at fitting a RIP kit - will this work? http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php… ? Anyone recommend anything else? Stage 0 all done etc. Someone mentioned get a new forge Recirculating Valve as well?

Thankies

Jim

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th July 2015, 22:26
The D088 RIP kits are lovely bits of kit but very expensive for what they are. If you have the time and some basic DIY knowledge you can replicate it for less than half that price.

I would try find the source of the leak first however, if there is a loud BOV style sound it suggests the intake pipe has a hole (assuming you dont have a dump valve), elsewhere it would have to be pretty large to make any noticeable noise so should prove obvious to find.