PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat back removal

martin_r_smith
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:08
Can anyone give me some advice on how to remove the rear seat backs? I've removed the retaining clips and managed to get the smaller side out with a good yank, but I'm buggered if I can get the bigger half to come out! Am I missing something here or is there a nack that I don't have?

t5 pete
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:21
Pull the seat towards you and at a certain angle it will pop up there is a nack to doing them but with perseverance it will come out

500tie
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:24
It took me and AcidicDavey about half an hour to get the drivers side one out, we had to use a bloody big bar for leverage whilst the other person persuaded it from the inside.

500tie
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:24
Where abouts in Wiltshire are you if your fairly local I could pop in one day and lend a hand if you need

martin_r_smith
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:33
Highworth!

500tie
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:44
I've just realised I have no idea why I asked as I've followed you plenty of times between highworth and lechlade, when do you need to get the seats out buddy?

martin_r_smith
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:52
I thought you had. Well I'm going to have another go on Wednesday but luckily I'll be over at my brothers garage so I'm sure we'll get it out between us. If not I'll let you know and you can come round and we'll attack the beast between us!

AcidicDavey
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:55
Take boot floor out, slide massive ££££ off iron bar under seat, sit on bar, success!

500tie
Monday 27th July 2015, 20:55
Remember Dave two twits and a bar

Martin
Yea you should be able to get it out with the 2 of you mate if you get any dramas I can call in on the way home one evening

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th July 2015, 22:33
Believe it or not you should be able to get them out without a bar once the retaining clip is out. As Pete mentions it really is the angle... once you get it you'll kick yourself. I have many times! :nutkick:

Saaamon
Monday 27th July 2015, 22:42
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IxvqKNf9G-E

AcidicDavey
Monday 27th July 2015, 22:54
Believe it or not you should be able to get them out without a bar once the retaining clip is out. As Pete mentions it really is the angle... once you get it you'll kick yourself. I have many times! :nutkick:

I wish that was the case all the time, first time I did it was easy.
Not on the 2nd or 3rd cars, no angle or jiggling would move the seats, felt like I was lifting the car off the ground, 2 hours trying to struggle to get them out of a breaker. 30 secs with the bar for leverage and they jumped out.

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 28th July 2015, 07:41
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IxvqKNf9G-E

I watched that first but still couldn't get it out.

Might have another go later on, now I've calmed down it may just come out easier lol.

Saaamon
Tuesday 28th July 2015, 07:58
It's an absolute arse and getting them back in is only slightly easier.. You will do it though.. Just gotta make a lot of Man noises.

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th July 2015, 08:38
It's an absolute arse and getting them back in is only slightly easier.. You will do it though.. Just gotta make a lot of Man noises.

Piece of cake get them lined up then with a copper drift give the top a knock down and hey presto there back in

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 28th July 2015, 14:21
They come out after many swear words.... I thin it was 2days before I believed the hype that they just pop out.. Once Inhad the right grip and technique it was easy...

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 28th July 2015, 19:21
the ones in my red v70 were a nightmare to get out, but they gave in, in the end, good job they weren't going back in as they were wrecked by the time I'd lost the plot with them.....:(

500tie
Saturday 1st August 2015, 21:09
Did you manage to get the seats out Martin?

martin_r_smith
Saturday 1st August 2015, 22:22
Yes bud. Went back out in the morning after I'd calmed down a bit, gave it a tug up and towards the door and out it came. Had to use petes technique to get them back in but no problem really.

It got better though (not)! My car didn't have the additional loom for electric seats like most do, and after hooking up a live and earth realised that someone had mullered the wiring to the control box!

But it's all done now thankfully and looks much better. I'll try and get a few pics tomorrow.