PDA

View Full Version : T5 written off??

spesh
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:45
Some tosser smashed into the back of my T5, my be written of may not be, will have to wait to see if my mate can fix it!! Im fine though.

Al115
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:48
ARSE!

fraz13
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:50
Thats poor mate, should a taken that 5g's lol

Glad yer ok tho mate ;)

After_Shock
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:51
As Fraz says the important thing is that your o.k!

pault5
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:52
jeeesus at this rate no one is going to have a t5!
be plenty of spares though! :B_blite:

fraz13
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:53
Make a crackin C70850 out them all lol

Shouldnt laugh it was me 2 months ago :(

spesh
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:55
No one is getting there hands on my engine!!!!!! I got my eye on a 440 lol.

Goof
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:57
Bloody unlucky Spesh - glad you're ok though!

Did other person stop?, and is claim going through?
Maybe you could look into cost of DIY repair and write-off value and see what you can do?

Good luck!

Al115
Monday 28th November 2005, 18:59
Might improve the paintwork? LOL

Tomcat
Monday 28th November 2005, 19:14
Sorry to hear about that Spesh, glad your ok.

Be carefull..... some insurance companys aren't allowing salvage rights on write offs anymore.If you tell the insurance and they say the car's a write off...thats it, end of story, you have no way of getting said car back and doing it yourself. Its aways worth getting it assesed privately first before bothering your insurance, I've seen stuff being written off after fairly minor accidents due mainly to the cost of labour.

Oh, I nearly had a smash myself today when some stupid cow decided to pull out without looking first. God there are some reall scary people out there on the road......

dicky b t5
Monday 28th November 2005, 19:21
Bad news Spesh, Hope you get it sorted....

t5owner
Monday 28th November 2005, 19:22
Strap on

It`s a bad week so far and this is before the foookin real thick snow gets here

Glad your ok spesh and hope your motor can be fixed

Cheers

stuart

siamblue
Monday 28th November 2005, 19:29
Bloody hell Spesh, Glad your ok though, too many accidents happening of late,

Gary

kdst5
Monday 28th November 2005, 20:24
Aw feckin hell not you n all, glad to hear your ok tho

Norm

swordy21
Monday 28th November 2005, 20:54
Oh gosh - I bet you wish that had not happened!

Still you live to :B_steerin another day!

Andrew
Monday 28th November 2005, 21:16
Tis the season or so they say.... hopefully it's not too bad spesh and through insurance or other means you can fix it or find a resolution some how.

Gimme a shout if I can help.
Ac.

fireclown
Monday 28th November 2005, 21:53
bad luck m8. u jus got it sorted didnt yer. think i'll leave mine in the drive for a while,

spesh
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:21
The car was only at the side of the road 10 mins, mate of mine towed it for me, now it is at a secret location, where no one can take it, as for insurance, cant claim off him, not insured, so will get it done myself, shouldnt cost to much, time to start calling some favors from some friends!!

lil_me
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:23
Oh dear, not good. Pleased to hear you are ok. Edited, sorry just read about insurance, oh poo not good.

Supposedly there is a way of claiming through http://www.claims4free.co.uk/index.php?form=mibuninsured more stuff on the web about it, might be worth a look

Al115
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:27
FOUND IT. Not so secret eh! :)

http://www.crazy-jokes.com/pictures/secret-bunker.jpg

Aiken
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:27
Glad your okay. Since the other driver was uninsured hope you got the police involved or give him/her a good kicking!

Andrew
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:50
Speak to your insurance companies. I believe there is a slush fund to cover "uninsured" drivers etc They just don't say much about it is all....

Ac.

BlackBeast
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:55
Unlucky dude, maybe time for a colour change if it is indeed fixable??? :D

And i never got to drive it since the new rica map :(

siamblue
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:56
Please Spesh not Gay gold :slap:

Andrew
Monday 28th November 2005, 22:57
Please Spesh not Gay gold :slap:

I'm gonna get you :P

JUDGENINJA
Monday 28th November 2005, 23:57
Agreed with Andrew, Ring your insurance anyway. If the other party was not insured then the un-insured loss claim can be used. You can then negociate based on keeping the car. But you should probably make sure that you make it clear to them from the out set.

I had a Ford transit reverse in to my XR3i. He was insured and admitted liability straight away. but for a repair that I could have done the next day (broken radiator and a bit of welding) it took over 3 months.. I then had to ring the insurance and chase it up....total bit was something like £5000 for the hire of car(£4000...?), pay out on car(£750..?), and inconvenience (£250..?).... And I kept the car.

Two days later the car was back on the road.....

If not I'll be watching those salvage auctions around the country...so watch out...!!! :haha: :haha:

Vikingxl
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 04:21
Unlucky Spesh i hope you get it sorted soon.

jeleebaby
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 09:57
The MIB (motor insurers bureau), not men in black! deal with uninsured drivers. Here are their contact details. Give them a call.

Motor Insurers Bureau
152 Silbury Boulevard
Central Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes
MK9 1NB

Tel: 01908 830001
Fax: 01908 671681
DX: 84753 Milton Keynes 3

pyrotechnictigger
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 10:03
Unlucky bud, hope you get it all sorted soon. At least your AOK!

01c70t5
Tuesday 29th November 2005, 10:39
Glad your okay. Since the other driver was uninsured hope you got the police involved or give him/her a good kicking!
I'd go with the first, it's time to get these bums off the road! At least that way you've got a claim with the insurance, as they'll recoup the costs through a court.

Vikingxl
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 02:32
Snap now my car matches yours is this the look for 2006

Rufe
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 20:03
The car was only at the side of the road 10 mins, mate of mine towed it for me, now it is at a secret location, where no one can take it, as for insurance, cant claim off him, not insured, so will get it done myself, shouldnt cost to much, time to start calling some favors from some friends!!
:slap: unlucky damien, i heard off someone who saw you the other day that your car looked like it had been in a smash, but i didnt really believe it! mainly because i had not received any phone calls from you pricing up things lol

as for calling in favours from mates, let me think now, just how many favours do i have coming to me allready from your direction......? lmao

i had to buy a new white board to keep adding those favours i am owed on to, you know that dont you?

and next time you are passing, call down my house, you can see my xmas decorations then.

love you long time :remybussi

T5Rdragon
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 21:13
Seriously... is this friggin open season on the rear of T5s or what?!?! :(