PDA

View Full Version : Injector Removal for Beginners.

M-R-P
Sunday 19th July 2015, 23:45
I thought I'd stick this on a thread as I promised someone some guidance and although most of us will have done this a few times, it may be a little daunting for the novice spanner monkey.

It took me under 8 minutes (film shot in real-time) and I'd expect a beginner to do it in under 15 minutes with the right tools.

There will be a refitting video as soon as I have some injectors to put back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czlo_HBddKs

Orca2
Monday 20th July 2015, 00:27
Very professional vid mate, you should do a range of them.

Will you still speak to us when you become a youtube billionaire?

M-R-P
Monday 20th July 2015, 00:37
I've done a load of vids mate, mainly for rolling road days or destroying stuff :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTzdzgkBkYnle_G7T4z-BFw

Edit - you'll need to go a fair way down the list to find the proper vids but there's a few.

M-R-P
Monday 20th July 2015, 00:41
And my first proper vid from a few years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_7ZrfqB3zs

Orca2
Monday 20th July 2015, 01:10
Hehe dim vengeance ,, love it .. I am assuming this was all before spokoluzic started fixing them for sixty quid.

Shinsplintz 101
Monday 20th July 2015, 07:42
Top work there fella..someone was asking me the other day how to do this - it proved tricky to explain & I was left feeling that I'd probably just left them feeling more confused than before they'd asked lol. I'll point them in the direction of this link. Cheers, morgan

kmb
Monday 20th July 2015, 09:46
Thank you very much - This could prove very useful.

I recently did this on my 850 when fitting whites, but it was my first time and took me closer 30-40 minutes. Which brings me to the question, where can we buy new injector seals and the little flat washer things that go underneath? When I fitted mine I noticed one of them was not perfect.

:)

M-R-P
Monday 20th July 2015, 13:29
Firstly, I'd recommend not reusing seals or pintles unless you can be sure they're 100%. For the price, it's worth changing the seals as a matter of course as a leaking injector seals can be a major problem. Search eBay for "bosch injector seals", you can get them in packs of 5, or 10 etc and are relatively cheap.

Tip... Wipe some vaseline on the seals before inserting the injectors in the ports - it makes it easier and prevents folding or rolling of the seals.

I have some good used seals I can send you FOC if you're desperate.

kmb
Monday 20th July 2015, 13:49
Firstly, I'd recommend not reusing seals or pintles unless you can be sure they're 100%. For the price, it's worth changing the seals as a matter of course as a leaking injector seals can be a major problem. Search eBay for "bosch injector seals", you can get them in packs of 5, or 10 etc and are relatively cheap.

Tip... Wipe some vaseline on the seals before inserting the injectors in the ports - it makes it easier and prevents folding or rolling of the seals.

I have some good used seals I can send you FOC if you're desperate.

Thanks, I reused injector seals but did apply vaseline on fitting, didn't seem to cause any problems, it's actually the small flat plastic washers that go beneath the injector seal O-ring and the facing surface on the inlet manifold that I'm after (one of them had a crack in it).

I'll also take a look on Ebay :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 20th July 2015, 14:00
On earlier ME7 engines (like my C70 Coupe) the fuel rail attaches to the fuel line via a hinge connector. You can either use a fuel line tool to pop the connector off - or undo the fuel rail retaining plate as featured in Mr. Ps vid. There is no handy push clip as featured.

M-R-P
Monday 20th July 2015, 14:36
Thanks, I reused injector seals but did apply vaseline on fitting, didn't seem to cause any problems, it's actually the small flat plastic washers that go beneath the injector seal O-ring and the facing surface on the inlet manifold that I'm after (one of them had a crack in it).

I'll also take a look on Ebay :)

I have pintles too :)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 21st July 2015, 01:19
Mine all out now,waiting for the refit video to fit them back on:biggrin:

kmb
Tuesday 21st July 2015, 08:04
:lol: There are a lot of cars just waiting right now :lol:

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st July 2015, 13:11
Get comfy, the replacements haven't arrived yet and they'll be getting refurbished before they go on the car :)

M-R-P
Sunday 26th July 2015, 21:03
Well, thanks to the weather, I couldn't do a video for refitting the injectors.

But I now have greens and the car seems to like them a lot :)

Kingsford G
Monday 27th July 2015, 00:15
Well, thanks to the weather, I couldn't do a video for refitting the injectors.

But I now have greens and the car seems to like them a lot :)

I have a set of greens too,didn`t know you were after one.

M-R-P
Monday 27th July 2015, 07:37
I have a set of greens too,didn`t know you were after one.

I wasn't as such mate but a situation came up, an agreement was made and I got a set of greens. Happy days.

Kingsford G
Monday 27th July 2015, 16:06
I wasn't as such mate but a situation came up, an agreement was made and I got a set of greens. Happy days.

I might be selling my set and the exhaust,not sure if I buy another P2 after driving a P3

M-R-P
Monday 27th July 2015, 19:22
Let me know with the zorst bud, first dibs :)