PDA

View Full Version : Radio signal sucks

volvokid
Saturday 18th July 2015, 08:50
I've posted this before that when ever I have anything plugged into the 12v port it will kill my radio signal, I also had to disconnect the TVs in the R because that would screw with it too. This issue affects my S60 D5, V70R, my dads S60R and my cousin just txt me saying it does it in his V70 D5, it really pisses me off I had volvo look at the issue but they could find nout. All cars are face lift btw. I asked Matt who had the R from new if he noticed it but he said no, obviously the signal was stronger there.

Harvey
Saturday 18th July 2015, 18:24
My S60R was fine, but to be fair I never used the power socket for anything,The V70R is fine but I guess radio 2 is stronger than some frequencies.:biggrin:

Harvey
Saturday 18th July 2015, 18:50
Just had a Google and found this.

I know it says AM but worth a look ?.

TNN39-43-2004-04-19 Title: Grounding of Differential Electronic Module to Reduce A.M. Band Radio Interference
Owners of all wheel drive vehicles may report A.M. radio static or a crackling noise heard in areas of weak A.M. radio reception. The disturbance is especially noticeable during acceleration and can be related to the function of the Differential Electronic Module.

stribo
Saturday 18th July 2015, 18:55
Our S60R doesn't suffer this problem, but it's pre facelift.

Jimmie
Sunday 19th July 2015, 08:54
Guys try the North East of Scotland (Aberdeen) and surrounding areas.You might find you will have a problem also.
No other vehicle that I have owned has ever had this issue.
It would be great to find an answer to this one.